Discussion area for the new TC50

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

WickedToneProduction
Bottle Rocket

Transformer for the TC-50

Post by WickedToneProduction » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:46 am

Dear All,
I am happy to join the Boogie Family.
I own the TC-50 head purchased in the US. Now I am living abroad where 220V is needed. I would like to know if I could replace the main transformer with the adequate one for Europe and Asia ? Anyone could suggest where to look at ? Is Mercury Magnetic could help me out for that ? I am currently in Italy and most of the time based in Thailand. If anyone was in this situation with this Amp, I will be more than happy to have your input.
Thank you in advance for your time.

domct203

Re: Transformer for the TC-50

Post by domct203 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:22 am

WickedToneProduction wrote:Dear All,
I am happy to join the Boogie Family.
I own the TC-50 head purchased in the US. Now I am living abroad where 220V is needed. I would like to know if I could replace the main transformer with the adequate one for Europe and Asia ? Anyone could suggest where to look at ? Is Mercury Magnetic could help me out for that ? I am currently in Italy and most of the time based in Thailand. If anyone was in this situation with this Amp, I will be more than happy to have your input.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Being such a new amp I would think it would be very hard to find an aftermarket export power transformer.

Have you checked the product listing at Mercury Magnetics? If they make it, they will list it.

You could also look at step-down transformers, which would lower the source voltage to 120V for the amp. Just stay away from very cheap units designed for solid state equipment.

Dom
'07 Roadster Voodoo modded
'08 Stiletto Deuce II
'10 Mark V - sold
‘18 TC-100
'01 Recto 4X12 Slant
'04 Recto 4X12 Slant/Straight
'74 Les Paul Custom
'95 American Strat
'12 Les Paul Signature T
Voodoo Labs MIDI
==> NOMAD on Facebook <==