Triple Crown interest? try both if you can

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Each model of the TC series has a unique tone and character. Sure they share identical preamp circuits but they do sound fundamentally different. In general, both offer great harmonic content and response to your playing technique and you may find yourself learning new techniques to take advantage of the forward pick attack these amps offer. If at all possible, I would try out both amps at the same time before you dip into the cookie jar. You may find that you like one over the other. TC-50 vs TC-100. I had to get the TC-50 when it came out. I am happy with it. Then the TC-100 came to light and that ate a hole in my pocket. The Rebirth of the Royal Atlantic is how I see it but it has its differences from that model. Now I have both TC-50 and TC-100. Considering that I do not stick with one style of music at any given point, I find the TC-100 to be quite versatile just as much as the TC-50. The larger power supply capacity and the larger output transformer definitely makes a difference in the final tone of the TC-100. The TC-50 has more of a Rectifier tone but does not have the same level of sag you would get with the Rectifier amps. The TC-100 also has some similar traits to the Rectifier line but also merges over to the Mark series (depends on what channel you are on). What the TC-50 and TC-100 can do that the other amps in the Mesa line up cannot do is the Plexi tone (perhaps I am off my rocker here). What, where is that to be found? you may ask. Use the clean channel set to drive mode and dime the gain setting. Adjust the tone controls accordingly (drop the bass and raise the treble). This may not be a plexi tone but it sounds really good and is definitely worth the money paid for each amp.

Latest posts

Back