TC-50 humming

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ochrisl

Reaction score
My TC-50 has a noticeable hum. Sounds like the transformer humming.It is noticeable When I flip the switch up on channel 2 an 3. If the gain is past 12 oclock it is pretty loud. If I dime the gain on channel 3 the hum is ridiculously loud. I tried changing all tubes and bypassed loop,reverb and boost. Also tried different cables.no cables and the result is always the same.Is this normal. Does your TC-50 have a hum?
Here is a video, this is with the master at noon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXjichktVPU

I had moved it to another circuit in the house, it made no difference. I've played lots of different amps in the same rooms and never had noise issues like this.
I talked to Mesa and sent them the video. They agreed it was not normal, so she's headed back to Petaluma to get checked out.

Yea they did actually. "Replaced +15v regulator, putting out +16.7v, unbalanced supply caused hum when using 4558 IC in Drive or Tight setting. All else a-ok, benched, burned, played."
Only about a week from the time I got a message that the amp was received until they emailed me saying it was done,what they fixed and that it was shipping back to me. I really expected to be without it for a few months. 8)

I think I have a similar issue. Thanks for posting your experience. I will contact Mesa as well. Just out of curiosity how did the shipping work? I have never shipped an amp before?

Latest posts

Back