TC-50 + Mooer Radar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll reply to my own question here, hoping it helps others. I picked up the Radar about a week ago, and here are my results.

We've all heard that the amp sims in the cab clone are less than desirable (IMO), so that's why I went with the Radar - to use with the TC-50 for silent practice and to connect to my DAW. I do see possible live applications as well down the road. Plus at $150 you can't beat the value. I am running a line out from the amp into the Radar.

So what's it sound like? Really good. The included IRs are good, but the Radar really starts to shine when you load in your own IRs. I'm using Ownhammer IRs. Since I use it with my TC-50, I turn off the power amp and EQ on the Radar. So it's just running the cab sim. I do have an MXR 6-band EQ that I am using in place of the unit's EQ to do some slight tone shaping. It's just personal preference. The Radar's EQ works just fine too.

I highly recommend the Radar, especially if you already own a cab clone or a Mesa amp with it built in. The load box is already there, so all you need is the Radar. I would consider leaving the cab at home and just running into the PA if the need arose. It's that good.

Back