Tc 50 settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megadeth79

Reaction score
whats your gigs tone and volume settings with tc 50 head in a full rock band situations?

I have a doubt about the volume of my mesa tc 50 head! I would like to know if it's a tube problem or of It's normal 0 and the master for each channels about 11.00 and sometimes i have to use the solo best! Is it normal for the tc 50?

I’m not quite sure I understand your settings..But, I usually gig/practice with the band with the channel masters around 10-11 o’clock and the output setting up around 12 to 1 o’clock.

In my opinion, the TC-50 output dial has a “slower”, albeit natural, volume sweep than other amp. On other amps, like the Mark V 90W or other Fender amps, if the output volume is up around 10-11 o’clock the amp is working very hard and very loud. With the TC-50, the dial up is more gradual and natural so the output can be turned up past 12 o’clock and the amp is still not maxed out on volume.

Megadeth79 said:
Thanks!so everything works fine!I wanted to know just that!

Another small thing, I’ve found that with the OUTPUT up higher, at around 1-2 o’clock, the SOLO may need to be set noticably higher to get a perceivable (in the band mix) boost, maybe SOLO at 3 or 4 o’clock. When the OUTPUT is at around, for example, 10 o’clock, I have the SOLO set closer to the OUTPUT, maybe 10:30 or 11 o’clock.

The point is... at higher volumes you may need to have more “spread” between the OUTPUT and SOLO to get the boost you want. But, no worries, you aren’t going to hurt the amp by driving it hard.

Megadeth79 said:
I have a doubt about the volume of my mesa tc 50 head! I would like to know if it's a tube problem or of It's normal 0 and the master for each channels about 11.00 and sometimes i have to use the solo best! Is it normal for the tc 50?

I had the same volume issue - ended up putting the Master volumes at about 12-1 o'clock.
But I just wasn't getting the "ompf" I'm used to. So I swapped the TC-50 for the TC-100 and man, what a difference - the 100 watt power section is key to my metal tone.

I have my master at about 11:00. Channels 2 and 3 are at noon. Plenty loud on my end. I have my gain set at about 3 o'clock on channel 2 and 2 o'clock on channel 3. BMT are almost identical on both those channels, too. Bass 11:00 to noon, mid 8:00 to 9:00, treble 8:00 to 9:00. Presence is nearly off entirely - maybe 7:00.

Now, if I had the 6V6s in place instead of the EL34s, I would have to push the volumes even farther. Of course, this was also by myself and not in a band setting. Lately, in a band setting, I'm only using channel 1 and have no issues with volume there. I may wind up back with the 6V6 tubes. Those are so amazing...at least to my ears.

6L6 and 5881s didn't do a whole lot for me. I thought they sounded kinda lifeless. But, even with the EL34s, the clean channel is plenty sparkly for what I'm doing.

Latest posts

Back