HELP! I WANT MY LINE 6 M13 AND TC50 TO WORK TOGETHER...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindGuitarist

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to MIDI.

I recently acquired the excelent TC50 head, and a modified Line 6 M13 effects unit, and really have no idea how to get them playing nicely together. Does anybody have an M9/M13, specifically, who can help?

Can someone, in clear, concise steps, outline what I have to do to enable communication between them so that when I step on a switch to change patches on the M13 (Line 6 calls them 'scenes'), and have the TC50 change channels, switch the effects loop in/out, etc.?

I'm guessing I need to:

1. run a MIDI cable from MIDI out on the M13 to MIDI in on the amp,

2. set the channel select, reverb, effects loop, and solo boost switches where I want them, and then...

do i hit Store on the amp at this point?

Do I then adjust the amp switches for a second preset and hit Store again? if so, where is this new setting stored?

3. What do I need to do on the M13 to have it send the right info to the TC50 to switch things when I bring up a new patch?

Thanks for any help!

All good questions. I am clueless on this as well. There is something in the manual on the midi functions and such. Not sure exactly what to do as I have never used a midi interface before. Also, and probably most important, never hook up the footswitch to the amp if you are using the midi "input" as this may cause a conflict between the footswitch midi controller and the other.

Sorry I cannot help you on this. Something I need to learn a bit about myself.

Back