My new order

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megadeth79

Reaction score
I ordered the mesa tc 50 head! I was undecided between this and the orange rockerverb mkiii! I wanted something great that also had a clean channel that took the gain pedals well to get more sonic possibilities! I hope I did well to take the tc 50 head! I have a 2x12 box open back with greenback (g12m)! do you believe my guitar cab can do well with the tc 50h?

I think you chose wisely with the tc50. I also own an Orange rockerverb mkii, I love the orange, great amp indeed but to me it much closer to a one trick pony. It has some great high gain tones along with a very nice clean channel but seems to lack in the lower gain area.
It struggles with many pedals for some reason unlike the tc50. There simply are many more usable great tones to be had out of the tc50.
The orange is great at the high gain marshall tone with its own orange flavor.
The orange also seems to shine when the volume is up quite a bit where as the tc50 sounds great across the board.
I'm sure the the cab and speakers you have will sound fine with it, I've tried all kinds and they all have sounded great but with their own flavor, only you can decide what is best to you. I mostly run a couple mesa 1x12 3/4 open backs and it sounds excellent.
Maybe something to remember here is, the tc50 was designed to be used with vintage 30 speakers and I can't say they got that wrong.

Every Mesa I've owned has sounded good through G12M-25s. Those speakers will likely give the TC-50 a bit more of a Marshall flavour. Not as percussive/punchy as V30s, but the harmonics on Greenbacks are crazy good.

I played a TC50 through a Marshall Jubilee 4x12 with Greenbacks and a Mesa vertical 2x12 with V30 (my go-to cab) and the Marshall sounded WAY better. The V30s were super harsh with the EL34s.

If I got a TC50 (likely), I would put greenies in a cab for it.

mine tc 50 head has arrived yesterday!beautiful amp!even at home volumes it is excellent!now I have to see how sits in a full band mix!could you suggest me a ts style drive to work well on clean channel for steve ray vaughan /hendrix style playing and also it can work well on the other two channels?

Latest posts

Back