The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:40 pm 
Bottle Rocket

bandit2013 wrote:
When I get the TC-100 I will. At the moment the only pair of brit toned amps I have would be the TC-50 and the RA100. Now that does me some good to hear it paired up with a bit of phase difference between the two amps. It is a totally different world than a mono set up.

This is what started my fever:

Here is a shot of all of my cabinets with the JP-2C. Note the JP was not hooked up to all of the cabs. Only the 412 and the 212 just below it. The result of the 412 and 212 was not what I expected. Was hoping for more depth like I can get with the two vertical 212s.

At least I have a 412 I can use and two vertical 212 cabs. The 412 is the OS Recto and it sounds great with the RA100. Not too bad with the TC-50. I am definitely considering the straight traditional 412 cab (used to be the known as the stiletto cab but not sure if it is the same thing.)

I am thinking of doing a wet/dry set up. When I get the second TC-50 I will pair it with the other and run the effects though that and or just use the TC-100 for the effects and leave the 50's dry. It this works out, I may go to a midi controller or G system if and when TC makes an upgrade. I am not interested in the Helix unit. I wonder if there are any isolated switchers out there that could be used as FX loop buffers for a common pedal board setup. I guess it all depends on how I like the TC-100 after I can get my hands on one. I have been thinking for a while, what should I do next. Do I double up on the JP or on the TC? I feel the TC platform has more to offer and is a bit more flexible and scalable than the JP. I really love the JP-2C but I am having so much fun with the TC too.

What do you do for a living if you don’t mind my asking?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:48 pm 
Triple Recto

Mrpetersen13 wrote:
bandit2013 wrote:
When I get the TC-100 I will. At the moment the only pair of brit toned amps I have would be the TC-50 and the RA100. Now that does me some good to hear it paired up with a bit of phase difference between the two amps. It is a totally different world than a mono set up.

This is what started my fever:

Here is a shot of all of my cabinets with the JP-2C. Note the JP was not hooked up to all of the cabs. Only the 412 and the 212 just below it. The result of the 412 and 212 was not what I expected. Was hoping for more depth like I can get with the two vertical 212s.

At least I have a 412 I can use and two vertical 212 cabs. The 412 is the OS Recto and it sounds great with the RA100. Not too bad with the TC-50. I am definitely considering the straight traditional 412 cab (used to be the known as the stiletto cab but not sure if it is the same thing.)

I am thinking of doing a wet/dry set up. When I get the second TC-50 I will pair it with the other and run the effects though that and or just use the TC-100 for the effects and leave the 50's dry. It this works out, I may go to a midi controller or G system if and when TC makes an upgrade. I am not interested in the Helix unit. I wonder if there are any isolated switchers out there that could be used as FX loop buffers for a common pedal board setup. I guess it all depends on how I like the TC-100 after I can get my hands on one. I have been thinking for a while, what should I do next. Do I double up on the JP or on the TC? I feel the TC platform has more to offer and is a bit more flexible and scalable than the JP. I really love the JP-2C but I am having so much fun with the TC too.

What do you do for a living if you don’t mind my asking?

It is in my profile, I am project engineer but primary function is an Electrical Engineer (some times Mechanical and more than often software development engieer but that typically goes with the projects I design and complete). How does overworked sound?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:13 pm 
Triple Recto

I finally got around to running the Mark V with the TC-50. :shock: That sounded really good to me. Mark IIC+ and the IV modes did the best, extreme did not work out but may have to tweak things. Ch2 crunch with gain maxed out was not bad either and reminded me of running the TC-50 and the RA100 together. Note I changed all three channels with moderate gain settings, all switches in normal except for the clean and boosted gain. That was cool. I only ran the combo speaker in the Mark V but could have connected the 112 but did not think that was necessary. Ran the TC on the Vertical 212 and I have the OTR speaker in the Mark V combo. IF you have a V, and a TC-50, all will be fine if you want to blend the two in a rig or setup.

Considering it has been some time since I ran the Roadster...... may have to wheel it out of the studio (what used to be the office space but was a room in the house large enough for all the gear and a full drum set.). Before I know it the drum set will be in the family room too along with everything else. Also what used to be the studio was a small bedroom so that is now the office. Heck the only time I spend in the studio is when I play the drums or when I walk though to go to and from work. Why I like using the family room is beyond me. Oh, yeah, there is this resonating thing in the studio called a drum set. Why I wanted to pick up playing drums is beyond me, like I can really do it.... Bass too. It is fun anyways, even if I sound like crap doing it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:32 am 
Triple Recto

The more I think this through, I may just opt for plan A and get a second TC-50. Having two TC-50 coupled with the one TC-100 would sound great. for now I will work with just the two (TC-50 and the TC-100) as I am not sure what I will do for the cab choice for the TC-100. A traditional 412 or another Vertical 212. I think another vertical 212 would be more ideal.