Bagless?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daxman73

Reaction score
I'll admit right up front on this that what I'm about to ask is trivial and nit-picky. By no means does this alter my perception of Mesa in any way or deter me from buying their stuff. Just out of curiosity though, is any TC50 owners (or any new product purchases for that matter) bothered in the least bit that the pedal that comes with your amp does not come with a bag/pouch? I always loved the fact that Mesa cared enough or realized the importance of such a thing in helping to protect the hardware and accessories by providing little things like that. It's no real big deal or anything, but it does superficially bother me a bit. Especially with the new redesigned pedals. They just seem not quite as heavy duty as the previous ones (although I will say I absolutely love them and their more streamlined design). I'm on the road a lot and believe it or not, those bags/pouches really make a difference in the protection of them. I could be dead wrong on that though and only time will tell on their durability, but their old pedals were tanks in and of themselves. I've had a OS 4x12 Recto cab for over 12 years with the same factory cover that came with it and I can't tell how well that thing has held up and protected my cab. Amazing. Obviously, if you don't tour/play out it doesn't really matter then. Anyways, just asking if any one else felt the same way. I'll still bleed Boogie forever.

Didn't even notice and don't care in the least. With that said I don't tour/travel, so....

Doesn't bother me though I don't use the foot switch. If I did it would either be carried a gig bag with other accessories or mounted to a pedal board. I do miss the heavy vinyl amp covers and thicker plywood head cabinets.

That's odd. I got the combo just this week from sweetwater and there was a bag in there for the pedal and a cover for the amp.

Really? That's a bummer. Is there a way to purchase a foot switch bag? I didn't see them in the Mesa store.

Authorized Boogie said:
Foot Controller bags are included with Combos, but not with heads - this applies to all models. Thanks!

I'm going to double check where it could be hiding. I have the combo from Sweetwater back in Feb, when they were backordered by about 5 weeks. I really don't remember ever seeing it. If it is still in the box I'm going to be embarassed.

Mace

I just picked mine up on Thursday and there was a bag with the footswitch.

Just ordered mine today from Mesa - thanks for the information guys!

When I spoke to the Mesa rep to give my CC info I told him the word on the street is we want MIDI and Cab Clone on the Mark 6. 8)

mace said:
PBGas said:
I just picked mine up on Thursday and there was a bag with the footswitch.

<rambling about bag not being with combo, when in fact it was>

Ok. I stand corrected! I found an extra bag tonight which was somehow mixed into the recto 2x12 cover. So, there *was* a bag included with my TC-50 combo. In fact, i was using the TC-50 pedal bag with the Mark V pedal apparantly since February. Haha. The bag I found wrapped up in the recto cover was slightly larger, and must belong with the Mark V.

I’ve officially lost it. But I found the bag. Sorry for the false accusation!

Mace

So you have a bag after all.... well that does not help us poor head owner's who are bagless and wondering what to do with the footswitch control when the amp is in storage or during transportation...... :cry: Is Mesa making a statement with the bag? If you get the combo you most likely want to cover it up and if you get the head most likely you will want to keep it out uncovered to use every day? Oh well, I probably would never use the bag unless I put the amp in storage for that rainy day....

Every other head I bought came with a footswitch bag... Mark V, Roadster, RA100. No bag for JP or TC. I still have the original box each amp came in (for that "just in case I need to send it in for repair" moment). So I guess my bag would be the large plastic bag that was used to wrap up the amp in the shipping carton. May as well just use a 1 gallon zip lock bag and write Mesa Boogie on it with a Sharpie pen (the poor man's version of the embroidered canvas bag). I can take photos and post them if you would like.... LOL.

For the record, when I am not using the footswitch of any of my amps, I do use the bag that came with the amp to keep the footswitch clean.

Latest posts

Back