Footswitch buttons click loudly - other options?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mace

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I use the TC-50 combo for good ol' rock and roll but also for softer stuff like accompaning folk and jazz. One thing I've noticed when playing out in a softer "coffee shop" setting is that the foot switch buttons click really loud. I switch channels during the song, or turn on the effects loop, and the buttons really click. By comparison, the Mark V old style footswitch (boxey one) is whisper quiet, a different style of silent button.

Question: it is possible to change out the switches? Does anyone know what the proper name is (hard and soft clicking buttons)?

I'm not sure what possesed Mesa to use the hard clicking buttons, maybe folks like that "tactical" feedback when using the button. I did not think twice about the Mark V footswitch until I started using the TC-50.

There are also no rubber feet on the TC-50 footswitch. Again, disspointing when on a hard floor in a quieter setting as the thing slides and scrapes on the floor. That's an easy fix, though. But it seems like to an oversight to not have rubber feet on the thing.

Mace

You did not see the rubber feet in the packing material? I ordered mine from Sweetater and was shipped in original carton with all the stuff in the box. Rubber feet peal and stick on were the first thing I did before using the footswitch. If not it would slide on carpet too. You can get the rubber feet at Walmart, Lowes or any other place that may sell pads and rubber stick on feet.

After reading your post I had to get the Mark V footswitch out of the closet (don't use it) to compare to the TC-50 and the JP-2C as they are next to each other. Mark V footswitch uses momentary switches for channel selection. The remainder Rev, FX, EQ, Mute, and Solo were harder to activate and were much louder than the JP-2C and the TC-50. If you need to go silent you may want to try a midi switcher as it probably will have the momentary switch verses the other type.

Oh my. No, I don't remember seeing any feet in the packing materials. :shock: I'll have to look after I get home tonight. And I just ordered some sticky feet on Amazon the other day.

I much prefer the momentary switches of the Mark V channels. I wonder why on that pedal they chose to mix momentary and the hard click type of switches? The TC-50 only has the hard click type.

Mace

That is the same with the JP-2C footswitch as well. I believe all of the switches are momentary type. At least they are not as loud as the Mark V switches used on the top row of the footswitch. I generally do not use the footswitch most of the time as I can select channels with the mini toggle and the reverb defaults to on so that works for me. If I was playing in a band it would be a different story.

Back