TC-50 samples into vert 2x12 w/EVH's - classic rock no metal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluzCruz

Reaction score
Here's a sampling of sounds I was able to get out of my TC-50 in the first couple hours after it arrived. The playing is pretty sloppy as I was really short on sleep and also wasn't paying as much attention to playing as to the sounds I was trying to get out of the amp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJBTHcY8rII

I also determined I still hate V30's, including the one in this combo -- so I rapidly plugged into a mojotone vertical 2x12 I had in my space, that has two Celestion EVH's in it. Now those are only 20 watt speakers, so even with 2 of them it's only 40 watts capacity. Not a recommended setup for performance or stage volumes.

I think the TC-50 sounds a lot better through a single C90 than a V30. And definitely into a 2x12 closed back, in this case with the EVH's.

Anyway this is just a sampling of some more "classic rock" kinda sounds....

You sir are amazing. I could not play that well when fully awake. Love the first part with the clean channel that was awesome. Were you playing through the EVH's with that section as well? Tone sounded great.

Thanks so much for the kind comments. Yes, it was through the EVH's the whole way.

I've been playing the amp through a lonestar 23 extension cabinet with a C90 the last couple days and have some similar tones dialed in there too. I'll probably stick one of those in the combo so it's safe for the stage as a 1x12. That works better since those are 90 watt speakers, at least in the combo.

I did similar thing, if interested check out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJbxn0sLIA

I have done it using multiple setups like Two notes torpedo, iso cab, 2x12 etc

Cool. Kinda metal for my tastes, but I'm a gear junkie so all experiments and variants of tone are interesting. :)
I've been thinking about getting an ISO cab...or making one.

Latest posts

Back