Midi diasy chain TC-50 and JP-2C

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I was comparing the midi commands between the two amps and was wondering if at all possible to run both in stereo. I was hoping to daisy chain the two amps though the midi in/out and use the footswitch controller of the TC-50 to control both amps. After review of the commands, it may or will not work. Too bad as this would have been cool. The commands for FX, Reverb, EQ1, EQ2 and other features are not universal by any means. the only thing that is would be CL for CH1, Lo for CH2 and Hi for CH3. The remainder of the commands are not compatible. One would have thought that if two amps were developed within the similar time frame that there would be universal commands for FX loop and reverb control and a (null or do nothing for commands for features not present on the one amp vs the other).

In other words you get this:
command JP-2C TC-50
20 CH1 CL
21 CH2 LO
22 CH3 HI
23 EQ1 FXLP
24 EQ2 RVRB
25 FXLP SOLO
26 RVRB NULL
27 SHRED NULL
28 CH1EQ NULL
29 CH2EQSH NULL

If the daisy chain actually worked, I would have to hit the solo switch on the TC-50 to get the FXloop on the JP-2C to turn on or off. That could be interesting if it would actually do something. For lead to jump out you get solo on the TC-50 and a wet signal on the JP. Other than the channel selections being common, the rest is haphazardly set up. If it was universal the command structure would look like this if it were possible (assumed, based on JP as the primary instruction set).

command JP-2C TC-50
20 CH1 CL
21 CH2 LO
22 CH3 HI
23 EQ1 NULL
24 EQ2 NULL
25 FXLP FXLP
26 RVRB RVRB
27 SHRED NULL
28 CH1EQ NULL
29 CH2EQSH NULL
30 NULL SOLO

Since I am not the midi guru and have not written software for midi control perhaps it is not possible based on the simple structure of the commands or sequence. Perhaps the intent was not to have a universal command between products. Not sure of the reason. No big deal but would like to run my amps in parallel for stereo effect or other. Looks like a pedal dance routine once again. At least the common ground is the channel selection.

I am certainly no midi expert myself. But I use a Behringer FCB1010 to control my G Major 2. I do know that each pedal on the FCB can control multiple PCs and/or CCs. It seems possible (at least in theory) to control both amps using a midi controller instead of the footswitch. You would just have to define what combination of PCs to assign to each pedal.

That would probably work. I was curious if I could run both JP and TC with just the TC footswitch as it has the FX loop switch. However, Mesa made sure that the jack and cable were not compatible with the JP-2C. At least I know it would not work even if it did. I am not ready to get into the midi at this point but it is tempting to say the least.

Back