Headphones Won't Work On My TC-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niloy63

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm having a difficult time trying to get a set of headphones to work out of my TC-50. When I plug in the headphones, nothing comes out. The headphones I'm using are a garbage unit: Audio Technica ATH-M30. I'll upgrade if I get it to work. This is what it looks like at the back of the amp:

34572882792_3bb5673f11_c.jpg

Is there a setting that I'm not "activating" in order to get the headphoens to work? Do I need to get a different set of headphones? Or is it more likely that it's an issue with the amp? Any help in figuring this out would be much appreciated!

I have yet to try my headphone jack, and I found nothing in the TC's manual to suggest this, but in your photo, you have the speaker set to "on." Have you tried with the speaker set to "off?"

One thing the manual DID cover is that the CabClone DI won't work when headphones are plugged in.

jnoel64 said:
I have yet to try my headphone jack, and I found nothing in the TC's manual to suggest this, but in your photo, you have the speaker set to "on." Have you tried with the speaker set to "off?"

One thing the manual DID cover is that the CabClone DI won't work when headphones are plugged in.

Ahhh.. yes. I'll try that and report my findings. Thank you!

Unless they fixed it on the TC, the CabClone's headphone out is not so good. You'll probably want to run it into a headphone driver or small mixing board to drive headphones properly.

jnoel64 said:

Good call. It works now. Thanks you!!

The sound quality isn't garbage at all, but it leaves much to be desired. But then again, there's a good chances that it's because of my cheap POS headphones.

Latest posts

Back