Six holes, two rounds, one chamber, spin, pull trigger

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I am playing roulette with two rounds. One for the TC-50 and the other for a Tama Performer Birch/Bubinga drum set. Be honest here, way too much to learn with drum playing and have a great entry level set to start with Gretsch Catalina Maple complete (8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16 with 22 kick and Ludwig Black Beauty 14x6.5 snare, also have the Gretsch snare that came with the kit). New Emperor suede heads on all toms, P3 powerstroke on kick and stock head on snare. I know, why am I making comments on a drum set in a guitar amp forum..... Nobody cares..... actually playing the drums is more addicting than I thought. I want a more pro kit but that can wait for next year. If it is in stock, TC-50 will be on the way... If I love it, I may part with one of the RA100's or both, that is to be determined sometime down the road if I need to thin out my collection. Still not sure what to do with the Mark V, so it too will stay. May have to get another Celestion 90W Crème Alnico as I think I killed the first one with the JP-2C. Will have to revisit that later on.

You know what this means? .... Oh Joy another multi page thing...... I may just leave it at one or two words.... :p (that will be the day) :roll:

I am waiting without anticipation as I would prefer to blown away once I plug in and dial up the volume. Personally was not impressed with my first go at the TC-50 (could not open it up either by choice or out of courtesy as the store I was trying it out was very busy with calls and customers). It did sound good at bedroom level but did not tap into the beast due to low settings. Also could not find a guitar I was comfortable with. However, the hollow body double cutaway clone of a Gibson ES335 (Ibeneze ArtCore AS(something) actually sounded really good, not sure what the model was but that was rewarding at least.

Once I get this Mesa masterpiece, which amp will become redundant? RA100 or Mark V? Really interested in how this amp sounds like through a Mesa OS 412 cab. Guess I am all set, have OS recto 412 stock, an old one stuffed with EVs, Vertical 2x12, horizontal 2x12, RA100 combo with Creambacks, Mark V with MC90, and a traditional sized 412 waiting to get the creambacks installed as I think they would sound better in that vs the OS recto.

In an attempt to stay clear of politics....I had a difficult choice which to decide, amp or drums..... Flip of a coin as it were.

:roll: the title is a bit off the wall....does not sound very optimistic either....

Hey at least I can have a drum roll while I wait..... :p

No such thing. The more the merrier I would assume. At least the two RA100 are not exactly the same, just one is much heavier than the other.

Time is ticking down to arrival time. It will get here based on tracking info. Now that I cured the ice pick blues with the Mark V, looks like it will stay a bit longer. V4 change to Jan/Phillips 12AT7. Now the amp is very close to the JP-2C on CH3.

Hi,

I've had the TC-50 since Feb and it is a fun amp, a keeper of an amp. I got the combo. IMHO, it is a very different animal than the Mark V (got 5 years ago) and the Rectoverb 25 (2 years ago). I'll be interested in your thoughts compared with the Mark V. I bought the TC-50 thinking one day either the TC-50 or the Mark V will have to go. After 3 months with it, nobody is going anywhere. :lol:

Mace

Since it is new to me now, It may take a bit of getting used to it. I have been a Mark user since 1989 (III blue stripe) and have had almost every model following that except for the one's that use EL84 tubes. Roadster and two RA100 including the JP-2C has won me over. Finally got in with the Mark V (had it since 2012).

TC-50 is a bit different than I expected it to be. Not bad by any means. Not sure it is right for me. Spending more time with it may help adapt a bit better. Almost having a repeat of my first experience with the Roadster when I first tried it out, did not like it. This may be a little different but I think it will pan out and become a favorite.

Back