TC/Marshall/Orange cab(s) ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcgrady

Reaction score
I have a 1960a Marshall cab, with the switch in the 8 ohm stereo position.. If my TC is set to 8ohm, can I run both outputs to the cab, one in each input of the cab??

Also, if I ran two Orange Cabs(PPC412) with an impedance on both of 16 ohm, do I leave the TC on 8 ohm? If so, would this drop the volume of the TC?

Thanks in advance!!

KevinM

Hi,

I have no idea about the Marshall dual input cab.

If you have two 16 Ohm cabinets, hook them each up to the TC-50 with the selector at 8 ohms and you have a good match.

The manual has a lot of diagrams and examples of cab combinations which is worth a look see.

Later,

Mace

I called Mesa for this info----

Ok, so I also looked at the diagrams in the manual prior to my post, but now knowing what the inputs on the Orange are for, one is input and the other is to daisy chain to another cab(orange in particular).

As for the Marshall cab, if set to 8ohm stereo on the cabinet then you would set the head to 4ohm and plug both amp speaker outputs to both cab inputs. That would be a proper match. I thought both outputs on the head were 8ohm each... but that would make it a stereo head which it is NOT.

....Always learning ;-)

KM

Latest posts

Back