Control the TC50 via MIDI with FRACTAL AX8, how?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trippy

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I'm trying to get my FRACTAL AX8 to control my TC50 via MIDI.
I read the manual how to setup the presets over the amp but it doesn’t work as it should.
AX8 MIDI channel is "1" and the TC dial is set to "0" = channel 1 and I can see the LED lit when I press any of the AX8 switches so MIDI is running ok.
When running the procedure of setting memory for the presets, I end up that only the last function / amp channel I have selected, Is the one that react / working via MIDI from the AX8 for example, I tried to set amp ch1 to be active on preset 1 + 2 over the AX8 and then set ch2 for preset 3 and Chanel 3 for preset 4 but only ch3 reacts as it was the last channel I stored.
If for example the last channel I tried to store is ch2, only this ch2 gets triggered vial midi and no other do.

What am I missing?
Thanks.

trippy said:
Hi guys.
I'm trying to get my FRACTAL AX8 to control my TC50 via MIDI.
I read the manual how to setup the presets over the amp but it doesn’t work as it should.
AX8 MIDI channel is "1" and the TC dial is set to "0" = channel 1 and I can see the LED lit when I press any of the AX8 switches so MIDI is running ok.
When running the procedure of setting memory for the presets, I end up that only the last function / amp channel I have selected, Is the one that react / working via MIDI from the AX8 for example, I tried to set amp ch1 to be active on preset 1 + 2 over the AX8 and then set ch2 for preset 3 and Chanel 3 for preset 4 but only ch3 reacts as it was the last channel I stored.
If for example the last channel I tried to store is ch2, only this ch2 gets triggered vial midi and no other do.

What am I missing?
Thanks.

One thing for sure, those two devices ideally should be on different midi channels

Never mind, I figured it myself, it's so easy actually, the AX8 has specific tab with all presets # and desired cc# you want it to trigger, simply select the cc# and that's it.

One thing for sure, those two devices ideally should be on different midi channels

That’s is one thing completely wrong mate.
If you select different midi channels #, you end up with the amp not switching channel together with the preset / FX you select over the AX8.
In order to have simultaneously switch both TC and the AX8, you need to have them both on same midi #, so if I select on the AX8 a preset that has huge reverb + compressor + chorus + delay, I want it to color my green channel over the TC, not the red channel.
Moreover, I certainly do not want to tap dance operating each unit with separate switches.

Back in the days when I used to run a 12U mini bar with few preamps and few FX units, I used to run in 2-3 midi channels so not all of the units will react to every click / preset select.
But as mentioned, not in this case, both have to be on the same channel to operate together on the same preset select.

Back