Any issues with TC50 FX loop???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
When I tried the TC50, another guy was there. He had tried it before and after me. Not to ramble, but I had left my jacket at the store and when I went back after work, the guy was still there trying the amp.

He told me that he had found a serious issue with tone changing when plugging into the FX loop, and had a pedalboard running into the front of the amp. He thought that the loop really killed off the liveliness of the amp.

1. I asked if he had just run a patch cable from FX Send to FX Return and he had not.
2. He has a pedalboard full of Boss pedals, which are not the world's most transparent effects.

For those with a TC50, what did you find when using the loop? Is it like the Mark V? Is there any change at all?

I will check this out the next time I get to play through it.

elvis said:
He told me that he had found a serious issue with tone changing when plugging into the FX loop, and had a pedalboard running into the front of the amp. He thought that the loop really killed off the liveliness of the amp.

He didn't want you buying the amp out from under him. He is completely full of crap. I put my Fractal FX8 in the loop, disengaged all effects and noise gate, and then used the footswitch to blindly toggle the loop on and off while playing chords and letting them sustain. I had to look at the indicator on the amp to tell loop on or off, and I got it wrong most of the time.

Thanks!!!

That is a relief. I figured he was likely incorrect, but wanted to check in for some corroboration.

I don't know whether or not he wanted he was staking it out (as if Mesa won't make another), but he was not technically savvy at all. I assumed he had an impedance issue or a pedal issue. Nice enough guy, though.

Latest posts

Back