Miab type pedal thru the clean channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearnuts

Reaction score
This has probably been covered, just curious if anyone is using these types of pedals thru the clean channel, some say this amp is not a pedal platform, some say it’s fine. I love the amp, I have tried some, gurus double decker, victory V4 sheriff, I just got a drybell the engine the other day and I’m working with that now, now of them bad at all, maybe it’s me, it just seems a bit difficult to dial it in just right. And no I don’t need a Marshall, I have other amps including a Marshall but these days I’m playing mostly covers and the boogie is my main amp but just need some Marshall tones

I am with you , I use a tube screamer into a BK Butler Tube driver(i think it has mellow tube in it as apposed to the original) into channel 1 and its a marshall enuff tone(think JCM 800 , but not a killer one) and UFO stuff sounds great. I have in the past tried a Marshall 9001 into the efx loop, that was just awful. I also tried the guvner pedal , not really my thing. At some point the JCM 800 was worth more than double what I paid for it and I was never using it so down the road it went and I have not looked back since. I have been a Mesa guy since the early 2000s when I scored a Quad Pre and a DC3 . The JP2C+ is good pedal platform , but I think once you start dialing in what you like you end up back at a Mesa type tone so there is a limit.

Lok

Latest posts

Back