WDW : Slave Output

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leenyok

Reaction score
Hi good people,

I am trying to setup a WDW Rig:

Dry : JP2C> Cab
Wet: JP2C> Slave Output> Axe FX> Mesa 2:50> 2 Cabs

I discovered that the slave output is cut off when the speaker toggle switch is at the ON position. Can anyone confirm that the slave output is cut off by design or my unit is faulty? Those with WDW rigs how do you setup yours?

Cheers

I don't have the JP2C but on all other amps I have slave is independent. JP2C manual states..

This SLAVE signal is best applied when connecting additional “guitar amp voiced” power amplifiers for additional coverage in large venues. It may also be used to capture the “dry” sound of the main JP-2C head and send a signal first to an Effects
Rack for processing, and then on to a pair of amplifiers to reproduce a stereo (or one amp for mono) “wet” setup. This setup is often
referred to as a “Dry/Wet/Wet Rig” or a “3 Amp Stereo Rig”. Either way, the sound of the main JP-2C amplifier you
are playing will be reproduced at the SLAVE with a fixed “performance oriented” level setting of the sounds you have
dialed up. Keep in mind that once a signal has been taken from the SLAVE, it CANNOT be fed back into the Effects
RETURN jack. Doing so will produce a feedback loop and a loud squeal will occur.

iceman said:
I don't have the JP2C but on all other amps I have slave is independent. JP2C manual states..

This SLAVE signal is best applied when connecting additional “guitar amp voiced” power amplifiers for additional coverage in large venues. It may also be used to capture the “dry” sound of the main JP-2C head and send a signal first to an Effects
Rack for processing, and then on to a pair of amplifiers to reproduce a stereo (or one amp for mono) “wet” setup. This setup is often
referred to as a “Dry/Wet/Wet Rig” or a “3 Amp Stereo Rig”. Either way, the sound of the main JP-2C amplifier you
are playing will be reproduced at the SLAVE with a fixed “performance oriented” level setting of the sounds you have
dialed up. Keep in mind that once a signal has been taken from the SLAVE, it CANNOT be fed back into the Effects
RETURN jack. Doing so will produce a feedback loop and a loud squeal will occur.

Appreciate your reply. Yes I read that but I still cannot get the slave output to run simultaneously with the connected cab. Emailed MESA a few weeks ago and but I suppose it fell on deaf ears. No response yet.

I now use 4 cable method instead with the Axe FX and the mesa 2:50, and the WDW works fine.

When I ran WDW I split the input and slaved. No interaction between slave and speaker with those 3 mesa amps (none where jp2c). Mesa better known for answering the phone than email, considering giving them a call.

Latest posts

Back