Just picked up a used JP2C..Issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey42

Reaction score
So picked up my used JP2C today from reputable (UK) shop...and for the 1st time ever just popped in picked up untried. I know.....

Anyway get home and 2 faults

One is a heavy background noise on channels 2 and 3 (2 being the noisiest) . It sounds like a non stop interference sound. The channels work and give a sound but with this continued background noise (I’m UK so hz issues not a problem)
Is this likely a preamp valve issue...or something worse

2nd issue is the foot switch. It changes channel but non of the lights on the foot switch, switch one so looking at the FS you wouldn’t know what channel you were one. But it switches channels, reverb, eq etc so performs all functions but no lights on the f/s other than when first powering up all leds flash

The store are excellent and will resolve..but they are a 4 hour round trip for me so just seeing if there are simple fixes her

Not sure about the noise, but the footswitch issue could be the cable. For full function it needs a 7 pin midi cable. A 5 pin will work but the indicator lights won't come on as you described.

On TGP you indicated that it was a 5 pin midi cable that they gave you....

did you end up getting the 7 pin cable?

Also, did you get a chance to check the tubes as I explained?

Hope it works for you...it is an amazing sounding amp!

Latest posts

Back