Train of Thought settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nero321

Reaction score
Hey guys :)
I'm considering buying a jp-2c, and looking for some help with tweaking the amp in the direction of the rhythm sound in ToT (some examples are stream of consciousness, this dying soul), and if possible, at relatively low volume.
Any tips on how i should set the graphic eq for that? if you can provide your complete setting of channel 2, that's even better :)
Other than that i must say that i got some KILLER lead tones from channel 3 :D the only thing keeping me from buying this amp right now is that i still haven't found a rhythm tone that i felt good with (granted i really didn't have time to tweak and play with it)

I think you’re more likely to get close to Train of thought by tweaking the tone controls rather than the GEQ (or both).

If I recall he used a roadking for that so it has more gain bass and is less tight.

If I were going for that I’d pull gain, treble around up 3 oclock, up the bass to around 11 and crank the mid control a bit.

Yeah, that album has a pretty distinct Recto style sound. Gnarly, nasty, big and open. A bit of a challenge to get a Mark to duplicate it.

Latest posts

Back