Petrucci Interview

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mace

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I came across this short article, where Petrucci says: "one of my proudest moments was Boogie doing a signature amp with me because I've been a Boogie fan forever, and I worship the Mark C+ that Metallica did [1986's] 'Master of Puppets' with. My amp is a bonafide reissue of that, but modernized.

"Anyway, if there's any track that you can hear how good that sounds, it's 'Fall Into the Light.' That tone - that's pure Boogie."

The funny thing is at the very end of that song, there are some short palm muted power chords. I remember in another youtube video Petrucci was doing some palm muted power chords and saying the sound, the grind is the Boogie magic. When I first heard the ending of Fall Into the Light it made me think of that youtube video.

Interview Link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/john_petrucci_reacts_to_fans_saying_mike_mangini_is_too_robotic__that_portnoy_was_way_better.html

I don't know which youtube video it was where he was grinding on the palm mutes and talking about that boogie sound.

Anyway, I tend to agree with him. lol

Back