Facelift on the JP-2C

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
It did not take long for me to get around to getting another Mesa Recto Vertical 212 cab. This time I decided to be different and got the tan and black just grill version from sweetwater. I was getting tired of everything being all black. At the same time after I pulled the trigger on the new cab, I contacted Mesa and ordered a matching faceplate for the JP-2C to tie it all in. I think it looks great together. The lighter grill color also prevents flash photography from showing off the speaker and frame of the grill but that is not the reason I chose to be different.

39697968575_07ce1341d4_c.jpg

The grill cloth almost looks like white and black. The tan color does have a much warmer tone depending on light intensity. Amp still sounds the same so cosmetic things like this is no big deal. But it does cater to my OCD.

Authorized Boogie said:
Narpldr said:
Nice!! Who at Mesa would I contact to order a new Faceplate?

Replacement grilles can be ordered through your dealer, or by calling MESA Customer Service directly at 707-778-6565 - 9am - 5pm Monday through Thursday. Thanks!

That is exactly what I did. Called customer service. It did not take long to get it either. Fit will be on the tight side due to the piping but I was able to manage installing it. I like the tan and black jute color as it has a warmer appearance. Note: I ordered the vertical 212 cab from Sweetwater first and then thought why not get a face plate for the JP-2C to match the cab.

Markedman,
Since you are using flicker, there is an easy way to get the image in your post. When you have the image up, look for the arrow icon at the left bottom of the image, I think it is the second one and the first one is an edit icon. If you click on it, a window pops up, just use the "ctrl C" command and then in your post, use the "ctrl V" to paste it. You will see the text "[url……….][img followed by the picture data /img]" then the url thing repeates, just delete everything before the "[img and after the /img] and bingo, image in the post like it used to be done.

42155748592_05f4f7eb3a_c.jpg

That box should keep everything safe during transit. If I was a gigging musician that is what I would do, or at least have a case for the amp to go in.

Thanks Bandit. So anyway here's how I ended up with my home made rack. I went to MESA.com and found out I had to order a rack kit from a MESA dealer and not on-line. No big deal, I'll call and order it. Nope, the dealers says I have to come in, can't take card over the phone? The MESA dealer about 20 miles away and I will be going by to get some guitar strings for my new Taylor 12 string. I go there to pay and the dealer's assistant said "don't worry, we'll call you when it gets here, about a week." Week goes by, I call and the dealer says, "It'll take about a week, I'll order it now, oh, and we'll need you to pay for it up front."
An hour later I had it mounted using a rack shelf I had. It's going to look mean as Hell on my Road Ready cabinet.

On a side note; I broke the on/off switch's lever but when I looked, it is easily fixable because the switch just clips on. Nice!

I just clicked on the link you provided, in the lower right side of the screen there is a star and an arrow curving upward to the right. If you move your mouse over the arrow and click it, the icon is called "share", there is another window that appears. Just above the highlighted field are some names showing the format of the text. BBCode should be underlined, if not select that. The text is already highlighted. Press Cntrl and C buttons, jump to the forum that you have and then in the body of the post, press Cntrl V to paste it.

The BBCode should look like the text below : Once you paste it, just remove the stuff before the [I m g ] and after the [ / I m g ] field. Image should appear in the body of the post. I turned of the BBCode to see if the text appears. I starred out your name if you want to remain anonymous.

<---remove this to left remove everything following ----> MESA/Boogie JP2C Road Ready by **************, on Flickr

I have to ask, what speakers are in the cab? That cork gasket material is throwing me off, meaning I am uncertain what those are..... Dust cap is too small to be an EV Black Shadow but does not mean that it is not.

Celestion - dated July 2, 1968. $800.00 Unreal! I saw the cabinet on CL and called immediately that second, then I had trouble sleeping thinking they guy would take a quick look on line for what a pre-Rola Celestion speaker in that shape goes for let alone a matched quad. Real cork to sniff, Marshall guys drool over these speakers with good reason, they sound so good. The speakers are like new, all original pulsonic cones.
You could say I stepped in it last week. These great deals are all local CL finds -A like new Taylor 335-12 string with Taylor hard shell case $550.00, then I got a MESA Mark IV head MESA/Boogie Mark IV-B by John Bazzano, on Flickr when I traded a Fender twin '65 reissue 1993 Fender Twin Reverb reissue by John Bazzano, on Flickr that I paid $450.00 for a few days earlier and put red tolex on, Red 1993 Fender Twin Reverb ‘65 reissue by John Bazzano, on Flickr yeah I stepped in it alright!
It all started when I sold an old batsman head for a $600.00 profit. What a week!
I'm going to reap the benefits and enjoy my investments before I decide whether to sell any of these new toys. I sold the Bassman to buy a Martin D28, the Taylor cured that itch as I am super happy with how incredibly nice a guitar it is and how easy it plays and how full it sounds. A totally professional guitar by all means and matches my Taylor 314 6 string.
Taylor 314 & 355-12 by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Pre Rola Celestion by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back