Midi Controller

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrhiwatt

Reaction score
Hi,

I am back to using pedals for effects on the jp2c. Do any of you have suggestions for a midi foot controller so I can turn of the effects loop shred, reverb, etc. I was unable to cure my ground loops with my Boss es-8. but miss its midi capabilities.

MrHiwatt

It’s likely overkill for what you want to do, but I use a Rocktron MIDI Raider setup with switches 1 - 5 to switch presets on my effects processor (as well as switch channels on the JP) and use the other 10 switches as instant access switches. I use 1 each for fx loop, shred, each EQ and reverb, then I use the rest to grab delay, chorus, reverb and pitch from my FX, the last IA switch I use to bypass the fx.

Not a perfect solution , but I use a voodoo lab ground control plugged into the footswitch out with a 7 pin midi cable. As the foot controller is just a midi switch and the two extra pins provide power for the ground control. I use it as 4 scenes or programs and 8 cc switches so I can ala carta my sounds. For example program 1 is channel 1 dry (nothing added) then I can pick up any thing available to channel one using the cc control, program 12 is channel 2 with efx loop on , reverb on and eq 1 . Then if I want I can change eqs or shred and turn off anything I do not want at any time. One problem(which does not bother me) is the CC lights do not automatically come on as I switch programs(i cured this for me by naming the program as the song its being used in).

Lok

Back