New JP-2C

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thediavlo

Reaction score
So I have been feeding my addiction over the past 3 months. Just bought a JP-2C to accompany my newly bought mkIII, MKV, and Triple Rec. Oops i guess. I will post my short term and long term reviews on this thread. First try when I get home from work tonight.

So, I wound up destroying my neighbors for about 4 hours last night. I dialed in the JP to a sound slightly more aggressive than what was in the manual, with more scoop for my classic thrash sound. So my first of the JP were that this amp is nuts. I have never played the 2c+ but if it is supposed to be better than what i have now I don't even understand how that is possible. I have not messed with the cleans yet so here is what I think about the two gain channels and how I use them.

Channel 2- This is my bright channel. Pull gain and Pull Presence engaged. Shred mode on. Classic V scoop with slight boost to the low mids for some growl. So this is by far the most lethal sound I have gotten out of this amp and its reminiscent of a less compressed and scooped And Justice For all tone. Every note in every chord is brought to life with such clarity that I don't know what to do with myself. I tried some down tuned riffs with these settings as well and they roared out with just as much fury as anything I played in standard and drop D.

Channel 3- Warmth was the name of this channel for me, No Pull option engaged, Shred mode on. Petrucci style Graphic EQ with a slight bump to the middle slider. Oh my goodness my solos roll out of my cab like liquid now. THIS IS WHAT A LEAD CHANNEL SHOULD BE.

I tried the amp through My Mesa 2x12's and my marshall 4x12. I preferred playing through both mesa 2x12's at the same time, then the marshall 4x12, and in last place the 2x12 by itself. Maybe I just like it louder? But I thought that was the ticket to getting this amp to sing. Comparing this to the Mark V I have with the AT7 mod. The biggest difference is feel because of this amp not being simul class, and the JP has that Mesa Boogie MAGIC that everyone talks about. My favorite thing I have done is play the Mark V and JP-2C together using my splittler and that was ridiculous. Best high gain sound I have ever come across. Owning both is almost a necessity to me as well because they each have their own flavor on that classic sound we all look for. Let me know your thoughts on this, But I think the only way to play the JP and MKV is together. They just work together so well. Anyway thanks for reading, Triple Recto just came in as well so that is up next on the review list.

Congrats on taking the plunge, The hole is much deeper than you think as the amp is a beast.
Now I think you get what I had felt when I first got Mine, and the more I play through it, it just keeps getting better every time. The same insane harmonic content you can get from the Mark V is also in the JP-2C (plenty of fire and no ice). I had a hard time resisting the urge to get the JP-2C so I got it happy I did.

You need to try to run the JP-2C with the Recto (use the modern voice on CH3 of the DR) and that should be the sand between your teeth as it should help with paint removal and anything else attached to the walls. Had to remove all the breakable things (what was left anyway) that my wife had placed on some decorative shelves in the kitchen. If you have an acoustic guitar, put it in its case before you try it or it may explode on you. I thought the bass rig was explosive, not. The darkness of the DR (Roadster in my case) coupled with the JP is ground shattering. If your DR has a spongy mode, or if you switch from diode to tube rectifier with that coupled to the stiffness (tight bottom) you may get some interesting results. I have not done that in a while.... Sounds like something to try out.... I will wait until 3am... I want to see how many car alarms I can set off..... :p (I have played late at night extremely loud and so far no reports or complaints. and if they did, I would have to say it was the Boogie Man, not me..)

Yes it is, I got the chance this past weekend to level my neighborhood by playing the triple rec and JP together. Earth shattering tones my friend.

Markedman said:
thediavlo said:
Yes it is, I got the chance this past weekend to level my neighborhood by playing the triple rec and JP together. Earth shattering tones my friend.

Oh, the humanity!!!!!

NEXT UP ON THE LIST IS THE IIC++ OR COLISEUM HEAD

Yeah, I have a Mark IIC+ that I won't sell. I would love to get a JP2C too though for the flexibility. I played one a few months ago and loved it.

Latest posts

Back