JP-2C at mid gain!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnyboiler

Reaction score
Nobody ever talks about what the JP-2C can do at mid-gain, so I decided to put together a studio test of its capabilities. I used a Suhr Classic T on the left channel and a Suhr Classic Pro in the bridge humbucking position on the right channel. It’s a Darkness track and I used the second channel with the gain below half for both guitars. I also added a couple of solos just for a bit of context, which I did on channel three with higher gain; first using the bridge position of the Classic Pro, and then the neck single coil.

See what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/end-of-the-century/black-shuck-gtrs-only-boogie-jp-2c

It sounds great man. I think these boards are pretty dead though. As an owner of the JP2C LE I hope it does well in the market though it appears they haven't even sold out of the limited edition model yet which only had 325 made. I think the digital toys have cut the amp market deep. I don't mean to hijack your thread but as a fellow owner what are your thoughts? In the end I have mine and sales don't really concern me but I would love to see this model have legs and not become a relic that never caught on.

nice sounds - what are you using to record (mic, pre, etc...)

FYI - I just got an sE guitaRF - which makes mic placement and phase alignment super easy and consistent. Getting ready to do some recordings myself will post once I've got some stuff.

@richprice79 - I've got the LE as well. I know what you mean though about the amp market - although I kinda see the entire guitar market as oversaturated (see what I did there)... surely a correction is coming, but we all should be better off as the quality stuff should stick around. No doubt "digital" makes things convenient - but there's still just no comparison to the real deal. Right tools for the job though. If I had a fly gig then throwing a Kemper toaster into a suitcase would be the way I'd go (after profiling the JP-2C and a few other toys).

donnyboiler said:
Nobody ever talks about what the JP-2C can do at mid-gain, so I decided to put together a studio test of its capabilities. I used a Suhr Classic T on the left channel and a Suhr Classic Pro in the bridge humbucking position on the right channel. It’s a Darkness track and I used the second channel with the gain below half for both guitars. I also added a couple of solos just for a bit of context, which I did on channel three with higher gain; first using the bridge position of the Classic Pro, and then the neck single coil.

See what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/end-of-the-century/black-shuck-gtrs-only-boogie-jp-2c

Great playing and nice little hooks on the solos. Crunch sounds good on the rhythm parts.

Mace

Thanks dudes. It’s a Torpedo Live with an Ownhammer V30 sim. Bit of reverb applied in Logic and that’s about it.

Latest posts

Back