JP-2C New Owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfarr

Reaction score
Just purchased 2 Mesa JP-2C heads (1 for the rehearsal space and 1 for home and gigging). They are replacing my 2 EVH 5150 III 100S Stealth Heads. Absolutely LOVE the JP-2C's!!! So much more articulate and flexible, especially with the 2 separate EQ's, than the 5150 III Stealths. Even more gain on tap and absolutely quiet even when cranked and soloing on CH.3. The gain is so much more open and less compressed than the Stealths. Midi programming was a breeze to setup to go with my TC G-Major and Rocktron Midi Raider Footcontroller. Mesa and John Petrucci really took guitar amplification and TONE, TONE, TONE to the next level with this signature head!!! Mega Kudos to both!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here is the whole signal flow: Tom Anderson Cobra S Guitar / Tom Anderson Classic Guitar / Tom Anderson Raven Superbird
Guitar>Dunlop Q95 Wah> G-Lab 2 loop Midi Switcher> 1st loop- Bogner Lyndhurst Compressor, 2nd loop- Tone Freak Abunai 2 Overdrive>
MESA JP-2C Head>Suhr Iso line out box - Thru return back to Mesa 2X12 Rectifier Cab (Dry Cab), Line out to TC
Electronics G-major>Stereo left and right outs to Matrix G800FX Stereo Power Amp> Left out to Open Back side of Mesa 2X12 Road King Cab (Wet Cab), Right out to Closed Back side of same Mesa 2X12 Road King Cab (Wet Cab). All effects, loops, and amp channel switching done by Rocktron Midi Raider Switcher.
Pedal board is Voodoo Lab LargeDingbat with power from Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus. So, as you see, I am running a Wet/Dry/Wet Rig! I call it "The Voice Of God" tone"! Also for tuning I have in my rack a Peterson Strobo Rack tuner. Last of all, with the exception of the 3 Tom Anderson guitars, I have 2 of EVERYTHING else - One at home that I also use to gig with, and one at the rehearsal place we practice at! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dfarr said:
Just purchased 2 Mesa JP-2C heads (1 for the rehearsal space and 1 for home and gigging). They are replacing my 2 EVH 5150 III 100S Stealth Heads. Absolutely LOVE the JP-2C's!!! So much more articulate and flexible, especially with the 2 separate EQ's, than the 5150 III Stealths. Even more gain on tap and absolutely quiet even when cranked and soloing on CH.3. The gain is so much more open and less compressed than the Stealths. Midi programming was a breeze to setup to go with my TC G-Major and Rocktron Midi Raider Footcontroller. Mesa and John Petrucci really took guitar amplification and TONE, TONE, TONE to the next level with this signature head!!! Mega Kudos to both!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here is the whole signal flow: Tom Anderson Cobra S Guitar / Tom Anderson Classic Guitar / Tom Anderson Raven Superbird
Guitar>Dunlop Q95 Wah> G-Lab 2 loop Midi Switcher> 1st loop- Bogner Lyndhurst Compressor, 2nd loop- Tone Freak Abunai 2 Overdrive>
MESA JP-2C Head>Suhr Iso line out box - Thru return back to Mesa 2X12 Rectifier Cab (Dry Cab), Line out to TC
Electronics G-major>Stereo left and right outs to Matrix G800FX Stereo Power Amp> Left out to Open Back side of Mesa 2X12 Road King Cab (Wet Cab), Right out to Closed Back side of same Mesa 2X12 Road King Cab (Wet Cab). All effects, loops, and amp channel switching done by Rocktron Midi Raider Switcher.
Pedal board is Voodoo Lab LargeDingbat with power from Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus. So, as you see, I am running a Wet/Dry/Wet Rig! I call it "The Voice Of God" tone"! Also for tuning I have in my rack a Peterson Strobo Rack tuner. Last of all, with the exception of the 3 Tom Anderson guitars, I have 2 of EVERYTHING else - One at home that I also use to gig with, and one at the rehearsal place we practice at! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congrats on the new amp and to the Mesa family! I love the JP and think its very good at what it does, huge step up from the 5153.

Congrats on getting two of them. If you so decided to do it, you can daisy chain the two amps with the midi cable and control both with the midi or you can even drive both with one footswitch. I have not done this yet as I only have one JP and the instruction set for the JP is not compatible with the midi codes on the TC-50. If you want to daisy chain the two amps, the manual describes how to do it.

As for the tone, definitely huge, precise and aggressive without the sacrifice of detail. Probably my most favorite Mesa amp yet. Also the loudest.

Latest posts

Back