Full JP-2C review

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnyboiler

Reaction score
It was Time

https://donstickguitar.net/2017/09/11/review-mesaboogie-jp-2c/

Awesome review of the JP-2C. Excellent in every detail..... you may want to edit something in the second paragraph (if I did not miss-read it).... I had made the same mistake but was corrected by a forum member... the huge transformer is the filament or power transformer that was reverse engineered from John's amp, it may be possible the OT was reconstructed but I believe the OT is the same as the Roadster amp. (no confirmation on that I can look for part numbers on both amps to confirm).

Great review, great observations! From noting that original C+"s all sounded a little different to the summery, where it's noted it's the author's favorite amp. My C++ sounds so much like my JP2C.

bandit2013 said:
Awesome review of the JP-2C. Excellent in every detail..... you may want to edit something in the second paragraph (if I did not miss-read it).... I had made the same mistake but was corrected by a forum member... the huge transformer is the filament or power transformer that was reverse engineered from John's amp, it may be possible the OT was reconstructed but I believe the OT is the same as the Roadster amp. (no confirmation on that I can look for part numbers on both amps to confirm).

Fixed, and thank you!

Markedman said:
Great review, great observations! From noting that original C+"s all sounded a little different to the summery, where it's noted it's the author's favorite amp. My C++ sounds so much like my JP2C.

Thank you. It's easy to write when it's from the heart - I only review amps I love.

UpNorthMark said:
Wow this was an awesome review. If i did not already own one this review would make me want one, excellent writing.

It makes me want another and I already have two ;)

mace said:
Nice review and writing!

Thank you!

I like the comparison with Marshall on the mid gain structure. It's nice to know that one of the best amps ever made ... is still in production.

bandit2013 said:

Could be as the transformers are made by Magnetic Components in IL. Mesa has used Magnetic components Iron for years now.

http://www.classictone.net/

Back