The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Full JP-2C review
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline
Mark II
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:59 am
Posts: 59
It was Time

https://donstickguitar.net/2017/09/11/r ... gie-jp-2c/

_________________
www.donstickguitar.net


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Full JP-2C review
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:50 am 
Offline
Dual Recto

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:31 am
Posts: 2507
Location: North Carolina
Awesome review of the JP-2C. Excellent in every detail..... you may want to edit something in the second paragraph (if I did not miss-read it).... I had made the same mistake but was corrected by a forum member... the huge transformer is the filament or power transformer that was reverse engineered from John's amp, it may be possible the OT was reconstructed but I believe the OT is the same as the Roadster amp. (no confirmation on that I can look for part numbers on both amps to confirm).

_________________
Current amps:
TC-50, JP-2C, MK V, Roadster, RA100
Old friends I sometimes miss:
Mk III (blue stripe), Mark IVb-WB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Full JP-2C review
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:48 am 
Offline
Donating Member

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:56 pm
Posts: 1081
Location: Norfolk, CT
Great review, great observations! From noting that original C+"s all sounded a little different to the summery, where it's noted it's the author's favorite amp. My C++ sounds so much like my JP2C.

_________________
Hendrix/Dimebag influenced, JP2C, Mark llC++, Steinberger GR4's


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Full JP-2C review
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:41 am 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:05 pm
Posts: 7
Wow this was an awesome review. If i did not already own one this review would make me want one, excellent writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Full JP-2C review
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
Mark II

Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:51 am
Posts: 95
Nice review and writing!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Full JP-2C review
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline
Mark II
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:59 am
Posts: 59
bandit2013 wrote:
Awesome review of the JP-2C. Excellent in every detail..... you may want to edit something in the second paragraph (if I did not miss-read it).... I had made the same mistake but was corrected by a forum member... the huge transformer is the filament or power transformer that was reverse engineered from John's amp, it may be possible the OT was reconstructed but I believe the OT is the same as the Roadster amp. (no confirmation on that I can look for part numbers on both amps to confirm).


Fixed, and thank you!

Markedman wrote:
Great review, great observations! From noting that original C+"s all sounded a little different to the summery, where it's noted it's the author's favorite amp. My C++ sounds so much like my JP2C.


Thank you. It's easy to write when it's from the heart - I only review amps I love.

UpNorthMark wrote:
Wow this was an awesome review. If i did not already own one this review would make me want one, excellent writing.


It makes me want another and I already have two ;)

mace wrote:
Nice review and writing!


Thank you!

_________________
www.donstickguitar.net


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Full JP-2C review
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 pm 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:39 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Reno NV
I like the comparison with Marshall on the mid gain structure. It's nice to know that one of the best amps ever made ... is still in production.

_________________
Greg

Mark III SimulClass Red
SimulClass 2:90
VTwin PreAmp Rack
JP-2C Limited
EVM 12Ls, Celestion c90s, V30s and Alnico Creams

30 Years with Mesa Boogie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Full JP-2C review
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 pm 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:18 pm
Posts: 8
bandit2013 wrote:
Awesome review of the JP-2C. Excellent in every detail..... you may want to edit something in the second paragraph (if I did not miss-read it).... I had made the same mistake but was corrected by a forum member... the huge transformer is the filament or power transformer that was reverse engineered from John's amp, it may be possible the OT was reconstructed but I believe the OT is the same as the Roadster amp. (no confirmation on that I can look for part numbers on both amps to confirm).



Could be as the transformers are made by Magnetic Components in IL. Mesa has used Magnetic components Iron for years now.

http://www.classictone.net/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group