Roadster vs JP-2C vs Mark V (v4-mod)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I had to try out the new mic: SE Voodoo VR1 and the Cloudlifter. I got the dual channel version so I can run a dynamic mic though it. I had the mics a good distance from the speaker cab and I was using the Rivera attenuator as I still had a pair of condenser mics in the mix set up as a stereo reference. My comment on the clean channel for the Mark V with the piezo part, closed back cab does not do it justice. This is the first trial for the Ribbon mic and I did position the mics in their optimum positions. I will need to work on that to get that huge bottom and I know it can be done as I have accomplished this before. I was setting up to record just with the ribbon mic and an SM57 and using the Vertical and Horizontal 212 cabs. May be interesting.

Here is the comparative recording: nothing specific but I tried to keep things consistent. I did not re-amp or use a recorded session stored in something like a TC Ditto (that may work out for practicing the drums or bass. I want the guitar in the signal path at all times. Not the best recording but working on it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-353100000/roadster-vs-jp-2c-vs-mark-v

Hmm.. I should make a isolation barrier as I do hear the room a bit, could also be the condensers in the mix too. I will work it out sooner or later as it comes with learning process on recording. Makes it more fun.

Back