Reverb not working

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbycustom

Reaction score
Bought my JP last March, and the amp sounds phenomenal. Although, when I bought it I didn't try out the reverb. A week later I tried it out and it didn't work. Doesn't work on any channel, and doesn't work with or without the footswitch enabling it. Changed the corresponding preamp tube to no avail. It's really not a huge deal because I hardly ever play with reverb anyway, but it would be nice to have if I wanted it. Any suggestions? No service center around me, and I'm definitely not wanting to ship it to Mesa just for that.

check the reverb cables on the tank and chassis. The white wire connects on the power transformer side on tank and on chassis. Looking at the amp from the rear that would be on the left side. Note that the wires can hang down a but on the bottom where they connect to the tank as the bottom section is cut out for the tank. You may have accidentally disconnected one of the wires on the tank. Also check if the controls are set on the back for the reverb level for each channel.

Have you tired the mini toggle on the front panel (on bottom next to fist 5BGEQ)? if that does not work, I would assume that one of two things is at play, the reverb circuit is stuck in mute (grid on the driver is pulled to ground by a JFET) or one of the ribbon cables has a poor connection inside the amp. You could always try to reseat the ribbon connectors (I would probably check all of them as I would not be certain which one does the job) but use plenty of caution when servicing internal components due to lethal voltage levels that may still be present on the power supply capacitors. Probably best served by a qualified service tech. Also check if the midi control is set to zero on the back panel as that is where it should be for using the footswitch.

Back