JP2c - Knob resistance

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thaymz

Reaction score
Hi all

I received my JP2c late last week and getting acquainted.

I've noticed the knobs on my amp vary in turning resistance (physical).

Ch 1: Master dial has less resistance
Ch 2 / 3: Gain and Presence dials have less resistance

Just wanted to check if consistent with yours and to see if you think was intentional based on amount of use of each dial.

I just looked at mine in response to your thread, all of the controls have the same feel or resistance to move except for the gain and presence knobs on CH2 and CH3 which are different type of pots (pull pots generally will have a different feel than non-switched types).

Tension may vary from switch to switch. Some may feel a bit tighter than others. I found the midrange on CH1 to be more stiff or resistant to move but that is normal. Rotation is smooth on all of them. It may be common that some switches of similar type may have a different feel as they are internally tensioned by spring washers and wiper arm which is also compensated by how much grease is in the switch. I doubt that the tension can be adjusted. Also that the tension may change over time with use. One would expect to have similar feel on all the switches with a new product but this may not always be the case.

If you are having issues with the switch moving on you or if you are having problems with it, consult Mesa in regards to your concern.

Thanks for the detailed response. The ones I mentioned are fairly different to the others. Given how new it is I wouldn't have expected them to be different unless intentional. I bought it second hand so perhaps these knobs got the most use by the previous owners.

Thaymz said:
Thanks for the detailed response. The ones I mentioned are fairly different to the others. Given how new it is I wouldn't have expected them to be different unless intentional. I bought it second hand so perhaps these knobs got the most use by the previous owners.

They feel different because they are different. Mine is the same way. A bit too loose for my taste as well. I wonder if I can get them to move if I turn it up loud enough. I also sometimes struggle pulling them out, which can be very frustrating. But all worries go away when you start to play, best amp ever.

Back