VERY new to the brand. Just saying Hi.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm very new to the brand. Started researching everything I could learn about Mesa Boogie amps over the past year or two. Like where the hell have I been, right? Well, I had heard of Mesa Boogie amps decades ago but for whatever reason I got them confused with Crate amps and never gave them a second look until a local guitar shop very recently became a dealer. Since then, I have practically memorized the history of Mesa and their entire catalog.

I have a living room full of amps. Mostly hand wired boutique style. Regrettably my first Mesa amp was a Stiletto Ace combo. I bought it without trying it first and hated it. Sold it. But now I'm happy to say that I have two Mesa amps and two mesa cabinets added to the collection. I like them a lot and I'm keeping both of them. The most recent is a JP-2c head which sits on an upright 2x12 Mesa cabinet. The other is a Mark Five:25 head which sits on a Mesa 1x12 Recto cabinet. Perhaps a little redundant but oh well.

So, that's about it. I don't have a lot to say. Greetings to all on this here my first post!

Welcome and congrats! Nothing wrong with a bit of redundancy! I have a JP-2C LE and a Mark V 35 combo. Love both of them more than any amps I have ever owned for the past 40 + years of playing and I've had a LOT of amps in those years.

Welcome!

I bet the guys at Mesa would cringe if they heard you had confused them with Crate :mrgreen:

I'm glad you cleared up the confusion and got some awesome Boogies. They do make some great amps, but not every amp is going to be a winner for everyone. I have come back to Mesa recently with the Mark V, which is sort of the father of your Mark V: 25 and a bit like the cousin of your JP-2C. All three are great amps, and I'm sure you are going to love jamming your Boogies!

Back