JP2C Stereo Setup

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariano

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm Mariano and I'm new here. I'm running an Axe Fx through a mini rectifier 1x12 cab but will soon add a second one to run it in stereo.
I'm really considering adding the JP2C rackmount to my rig, and connect the Axe Fx using the 4CM only for effects.

I do have two questions that I hope someone here can help me

1) can I connect the cabs directly to the amp to run it in stereo?
2) can an ART SLA-1 SS power amp be used to lower the volume for home practicing?

Thanks in advance!

For Starters, the only way you will get stereo from a JP-2C is if you have two of them. JP-2C is not a stereo amp. Assume you do have two of them, each amp will drive one set of speakers (one amp for left with its cabs, and the other amp for the right with its cabs). That would mean you can drive a total of four 412 cabs, two on each JP-2C amp. The cool thing about having two JP is that you can control both with only one footswitch if you daisy chain the Midi from one amp to the other. Setup for that is in the user manual. It you are going to bypass the preamp of the JP-2C, just get a Mesa stereo 2:50 or 2:90 (you would also need to have another cab).

Also, not all that familiar with the Axe FX preamp or the ART power amp. 4CM will only work on one amp, not sure how to do that in stereo using two JP-2C unless you are going to use the mini rec in some fashion. Perhaps I do not fully understand your intent or question in general. I did look briefly at the AXE and ART.
For the ART amp, you would still need two JP-2C since the cab clone only has one output which is mono. Not sure how that would compare or sound relative to driving actual speakers, may even sound better with the speakers connected and the speaker switch to on vs off and use the cab clone as a send to the ART power amp. some are using the JP-2C in silent mode with headphones. Amp chassis will get warm as the load will be the internal resistor mounted on the chassis.

I just got a JP2C yesterday - luv it!!! and plan to use it in a "stereo-ish" fashion as I did with my Mark V. What I do w/ the Mark V is this:

Use the 4CM with any stereo fx processor in the loop. I'm using a DD-550 (also acts as my midi switcher w/ Mini Amp Gizmo) but your AxeFX would be super... then I have 2 x Hughes & Kettner Redbox 5's (they're DI's with a decent speaker simulator) ... one is connected to the Slave out on the Mark V and sent to the PA and the other is taken from the other FX out of the DD-500 and sent to the PA.

I could probably take both directly from the FX processor, but I actually like the sound of one being different and coming from the amp. I'm looking forward to trying this out with the JP2C in the coming days and using the cab clone (and built in midi - yeah, no more Mini Amp Gizmo).

Latest posts

Back