Midi Switching Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stimpyjp2c

Reaction score
Hi all

Just got my JP-2C and unplugged my AXE FXII midi cable from my Triaxis and plugged into the JP, all set to channel 1 (dip on back of JP to zero)

So, I select a patch on the AXE, reset all the switches to where I want them on the JP and hot store, red light flashes so all should be done.

Only when I change back and forth to the patch the amp briefly goes to the clean channel as per my settings then hops back to channel 2.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Steve

Hi all.

Thought I would pop this up just in case anyone else has the same issue.

So regarding the problem I listed, my Marshall JVM works fine with the MFC-101 and the AXE FXII all connected with midi and switching channels fine.
My Triaxis set up on the same midi channel 1 works fine with the same setup, everything on midi channel 1.

The JP-2C however does this double switching thing, it briefly goes to the selected stored channel when I switch with the MFC then reverts back to amp channel 2 every time.

So, as the MFC sends out its midi commands on all 16 midi channels I split the AXE and the JP onto separate midi channels and bingo, all working fine.

Could be something in the midi setup on the AXE im not sure, but if anyone else has the same setup and has this problem then consider this.

Fun times ahead :)

Steve

Latest posts

Back