My wallet is laughing uncontrollably

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcgrady

Reaction score
I've been playing a long time and chasing certain characteristics has always been a chore. Sure, I have never played anywhere near a professional level but I know what I'm looking for and how I want my guitar to sound. I just got done watching a JP-2C video with john petrucci and I gotta tell ya I just bought a Mark v 35 and haven't received it yet and I already can tell I'm not going to be satisfied until I own a JP also. Good lord is that the best sounding amp I've ever heard. I honestly love the Mark series way more than the rectifiers. I've been missing out for a long time. ...my wife is gunna be none to happy. ;-)

Here's the link incase someone missed it..I'm probably the last to see it but I could watch this over and over.
https://youtu.be/AEorYSfUIBo

The Tone on Tour vids are even better IMO.

The JP-2C is incredible for sure. But don't count out the MV:35 just yet. That is a rockin' amp, and has a lot in common with the JP.

I would give the Mark V:35 a try first as it is coming to you. Will it work and how does it fit in the domain? Perhaps you can exchange it for the JP-2C. One note: the MKV:35 has three power settings 35, 25, 10 (easier to get tube saturated gain at lower volume). JP-2C has 100W/60W(just about as loud as 100W). The JP-2C is a beast.... okay at lower volumes but tends to get boomy (shred switch usually takes care of that). So it may matter how loud you can play. Apartment or townhome may be harder to use the JP-2C without disturbing neighbors.... Single home, just go for it....but that all depends on how you like the Mark V:35.

My JP-2C went down at a rehearsal, 3 days before a gig. The store I got to loaned me a Mark V:35 for the show. Seriously great amp. I've been thinking of getting one ever since. Don't get me wrong, JP-2C has killer sounds and some performance options the V:35 doesn't, but you won't be missing much. Its more versatile then the JP-2C, and don't let the wattage difference fool you, the 35 can hang with the big boys.

Back