Channel 2/3 mid controls are useless?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doomcue

Reaction score
When I sweep through the range on the mid controls on channels 2 and 3, I hear no discernible difference between 7 o'clock and dimed. I expected to get a mid range honk, but not only is that not happening, neither is anything else. Did I miss something in the manual, or is there some trial knowledge I haven't received yet?

Doomcue said:
When I sweep through the range on the mid controls on channels 2 and 3, I hear no discernible difference between 7 o'clock and dimed. I expected to get a mid range honk, but not only is that not happening, neither is anything else. Did I miss something in the manual, or is there some trial knowledge I haven't received yet?

It depends on how high you have your treble set. At lower values of treble mid and bass make a big difference. When the treble is really high their impact is negligible.

Also, the higher you set your gain control, the less the mid control is going to be able to do.

The mid control is not useless. It may not be as dynamic as the bass or treble but does have an impact on your tone. Volume setting, gain, presence will have some influence on the mid control.

The amp has plenty of mids already set in its natural tone. Generally you end up dialing it out with the 5 band EQ. If you are using one of the 5band EQ, raise the center slider and then adjust the midrange control on the parametric setting. Still the mid control is not as dominant as say the bass or treble, it does have an overall impact on your tone. Try dialing it out all the way and get used to it, then add in more mids and hear the difference. Since the parametric EQ (3 control channel EQ) is not exactly set up as a set of notch filters, it is more of a level control than filter. However, the treble and bass are high and low pass filters but not as effective as the tuned 5 band EQ which are medium band notch, low or high pass filters.

Back