Help with setting up Boss ES-8

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrhiwatt

Reaction score
I am setting up my Boss es8 via 4cm. I made 2 patches using channel 1 one with and one without effects. I ussed cc# from Mesa manual to do chanel switching it was working fine. I went to make patch for channel 2 using cc # and it switched channel but no sound . now 1st two patches have no sound also. I compared all settings and they are same for loop placement etc. Does anyone know how to properly set up midi or what
i am missing.
Thanks

Mrhiwatt

Make sure that the fx-loop is set to on for those two patches. Bit me a couple of times - the 4 cable method won't get you any sound without it.

Hope that helps

-Daniel

Daniel

I have sound now using the loop properly. Now i cannot get the channels to change right on the jp2c. What I am trying to do is make patch 1 straight clean channel with reverb, 2 clean with chorus and delay. 3 chanel 2 with eq-1 fx loop on with echo, 4 chanel 2 eq 1 fx loop various effect. 5 3 lead eq2 fx loop on
How do i proceed ? DO you set up patch with pc or cc comands or do you use learn switch on amp. ITs driving me crazy

On my Marshall JVM with gt-8 you just turned midi on same channels prgramed patch with effects set jvm chanels how you wanted then hit store button. when recalling patch it would then change JVM to right channel.

Is this possible with es-8?

MRHiwatt

Mrhiwatt said:
Daniel

I have sound now using the loop properly. Now i cannot get the channels to change right on the jp2c. What I am trying to do is make patch 1 straight clean channel with reverb, 2 clean with chorus and delay. 3 chanel 2 with eq-1 fx loop on with echo, 4 chanel 2 eq 1 fx loop various effect. 5 3 lead eq2 fx loop on
How do i proceed ? DO you set up patch with pc or cc comands or do you use learn switch on amp. ITs driving me crazy

On my Marshall JVM with gt-8 you just turned midi on same channels prgramed patch with effects set jvm chanels how you wanted then hit store button. when recalling patch it would then change JVM to right channel.

Is this possible with es-8?

MRHiwatt

I use the store switch on the back of the amp. My amp is set up on midi channel 5 on my rig. I use PC 1 for clean, PC 2 for channel 2, and PC 3 for channel 3.

Arrrgh. I just gave up and shot a video instead of trying to type this out. Hopefully it will be helpful: http://dlpas.co/vgNy.mp4

Let me know if this makes sense or not.

-Daniel

Daniel,

You cannot know how much I appreciate that video. I am now switching via midi. Can you control other features such as shred etc using a cc command?
Once again Thanks . Should be a sticky at top of jp-2c forum.

Thanks

Mrhiwatt

Mrhiwatt said:
Daniel,

You cannot know how much I appreciate that video. I am now switching via midi. Can you control other features such as shred etc using a cc command?
Once again Thanks . Should be a sticky at top of jp-2c forum.

Thanks

Mrhiwatt

You can set fx loop, graphic eq, reverb, shred, and channel. The cc command will select whatever combination of those you had when you hit store on the switch for the PC number.

Back