Anyone played their JP-2C through a Marshall 1960 cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJgo

Reaction score
Hey folks, just looking for feedback. I love my V30 cabs through my Mesas, but I've also been curious about seeing how a 1960 cab with the G12T-75s sound. I know it can sound good through an original IIC+. Anyone have any experience?

My Marshall 1960A has g70 speakers. It sounds much smoother and less defined than the electro voice speakers I have my other cabinets. My opinion is that the JP2C will sound good through anything with the right turn of the knobs, how couldn't it?

I have another cab that I bought used, have yet to figure out what kind of cab it is, but it is loaded with gt12-85's. It has a half open back, and to tell you the truth it sounds great. I only have to make a few small adjustments to the EQ to get is sounding the way I like, but in comparison to my mesa 2x12 cab with the v30's, it's definitely a bit more spongy.

Ok folks, I can attest that the JP-2C sounds killer through a 1960 cab (w/ G12T-75s). I actually kind of prefer it for metal sounds to my V30 O/S cab. Here's a comparo vid I just threw together. What do you think about the tones?

https://youtu.be/NdARuM_4QJ8

Latest posts

Back