JP-2C vs Archon 100w

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krb813

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the Archon 100w and the JP-2C? I have the Archon. I like it. However, I'm not sure I love it. I'm interested in the JP-2C. I don't have a way to try a JP-2C locally. So any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I would start with watching videos on both of them. Sweetwater has one on the Archon, and one on the JP-2C (they did not go all out with the JP but sounded good) At least you will get a taste for the tone of each amp. I had thought about the Archon briefly. Nice amp, great price for a 100W head. I would consider getting that amp myself. I am fed up with a different amp in my arsenal that does not see to give me what I what from it.

JP-2C will have a stronger presence in the mid to upper midrange. Quite a different gain character than the Archon. Tone and character of the JP (not being familiar with the Mark IIC+) sounds like a blend of the Roadster and Mark V but only sounds much better.

I believe Elvis may have both amps. Perhaps he may have something to add or reflect on.

Thanks Elvis. Great sound demo's. What made you want both the Archon and the JP2C? I just want to make an informed decision.

krb813

Thanks!

I just love amps. They all have their own thing. And I can happily gig any of them.

I got the JP-2C because it is everything my Mark V wasn't, with a very open, aggressive tone, and two useable lead channels. I also love that it is a bit smaller, like the Archon. So easier to pack in my hatchback.

My dream realized:

Thanks for the info Elvis. I'm leaning towards getting a JP2C. I like the idea of having 2 lead channels. My CFO feels I should sell the Archon before I get the JP2C. I'm still negotiating that part with her.

Thanks,

krb813

I hear you.

I am fortunate that I have a gear budget that is at my discretion.

The one thing I would miss with the Archon is that it is the most plug and play amp I've ever had. I am still messing with the 2C and I don't feel I'm terribly close yet. It's good, but I am not there yet. I'd probably be "there", but I haven't really had time with it. Still, I get why a lot of people give up on them.

The cool thing about the 2C is that you notice the basic nature of the amp right away, and it just screams.

Latest posts

Back