JP-2C let's talk channel 1, squeaky clean channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not much of a clean amp guy, I've always like dirt and grit even though I owned pre-CBS fender twins and Princetons, Marshall plexi's super leads I always over drove those channels. But I'd like to know from people who need a nice squeaky clean channel what they think?

I am a squeaky clean channel guy. I have an Archon for that exact reason. The JP-2C is comparable, very very clean. It does have some sparkle, though, so while it doesn't get greasy, it can add some harmonics in a nice way. Doesn't sound dead or too hi-fi.

By contrast, the Shiva has more compression on the clean channel.

The clean on the JP-2C is one of the big things that had me sold.

After loving Channels 2 and 3 during my demo of it, I was on the fence. Then I tried channel 1 and just loved how full yet pristine it sounded. Very effect friendly channel. Even though I do 95% of my work on channels 2 and 3, I still like a good clean channel and the JP-2C has that in spades.

I traded a Mark V towards my JP-2C - which a lot of people really praise Channel 1 - but I wasn't a big fan of it - it always sounded under powered and thin to me. To each their own....

Let's just say it - channel one is one of the best clean sounding channels on any amp, let alone an amp that is intended for metal players not guys that would be in the market for a amp where a clean amp is a priority. Last night at practice I was able to really dial the amp in because I didn't have to sing for once and I had the amp going on! All 3 channels were used about equally and the amp was simply just astounding! I am slowly getting there with the tone this amp has, it takes me months of tweaking before I'm in the comfort zone with anything, guitars, effects, etc.

squeaky is far from reality. (almost reminds me of another amp in its tweed setting :roll: ).. Are you sure you are referring to the JP? Smooth, mellow, warm with a touch of grain seems to come to mind. :p

Single coil cool channel.

Back