How to avoid incoming change control instructions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeciltuckyAxMan

Reaction score
Am using a Behringer FC1010 and G Major 2 with the JP-2C. Expression pedal sending instructions to the G Major is using CC 27, which also controls the Shred function on the JP-2C. How do I keep the FC1010 and G Major talking to each other but stop the messages on the expression pedal going to the Boogie? Is it different midi channels? Everything is set to Omni currently and I'm a novice at complex midi. Thanks!

Sounds like the G Major 2 and the JP-2C are both set to channel 1.

Typically the way you deal with what you're trying to do is to assign the G Major 2 to one midi channel and the JP-2C to another midi channel.

I'm guessing that the behringer has to do a couple of different things here:
- Send commands for the G Major 2 only
- Send commands for the JP-2C only
- Send commands intended for both the JP-2C and the G Major 2

If you keep the G Major 2 on channel 1, and set the JP-2C to channel 2, you can set the expression pedal to use CC27 on channel 1, and whatever other pedals/switches you're using to control the JP-2C can be set to channel 2.

That way the expression pedal messages will only be going to the channel the G Major 2 is listening to and they'll be ignored by the JP-2C.

I don't know if that's helpful or not.

-Daniel

Back