JP2C goes completely silent during playing.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harambe

Reaction score
I was jamming today for about 30 minutes and the amp went mute out of the blue. I tried putting it on Stand By for a couple seconds and back, but no sound was coming from either 3 channels. After I turned it off for about 2 minutes and fired it up again i was able to play for like 2 or 3 minutes before it went silent again. This amp was bought 3 weeks ago and I only play it for about 4 hours a week. Could this be a Power tube or Pre amp tube premature failure?

Thanks,

Since it affects all 3 channels and it's pretty cheap and easy to swap a 12AX7, I recommend swapping the PI (V5) and the input tubes that all 3 channels use, V1 and V2. I'd go one at a time. Probably that will do the trick.

Tubes are like cheap lightbulbs. They can fail at any time, even right out of the box. Always have spares.

elvis said:
Since it affects all 3 channels and it's pretty cheap and easy to swap a 12AX7, I recommend swapping the PI (V5) and the input tubes that all 3 channels use, V1 and V2. I'd go one at a time. Probably that will do the trick.

Tubes are like cheap lightbulbs. They can fail at any time, even right out of the box. Always have spares.

Alright thanks. I'll report back whenever I get the tubes and replace them. What is Mesa Boogie's warranty policy on tubes anyway? I thought it was something like 3 or 6 months.

The amp is running fine, I was using a Majesty that was running low on battery. Kinda face palmed myself ! Thanks for the replies though!

Latest posts

Back