Now that you own a JP2C, would you trade it for a IIC+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you trade?

• Keep the JP2C

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trade for the IIC+

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

GJgo

Reaction score
Trying to decide if I have an itch to scratch or not. May have an opportunity to trade the JP2C for a clean IIC+ DRG. I have owned & played lots of other Mesa amps, but never a real IIC+. What would you do?

If it is really only those 2 options, I'd keep the JP2C. An option I would love to have is to keep the JP2C *and* get the IIC+

GJgo said:
Trying to decide if I have an itch to scratch or not. May have an opportunity to trade the JP2C for a clean IIC+ DRG. I have owned & played lots of other Mesa amps, but never a real IIC+. What would you do?
If I had to give up my JP 2C or my C+ DRG I'd have to hold on to the DRG, I would miss the live performance friendly aspect of the JP. But strictly from a tone perspective the DRG would stay. In fact because I have an HRG also, I've been tossing around the idea of selling the JP 2C. If I played metal I might have a different opinion but I dont. IMHO the JP 2C's stronger point is metal.

Who would trade a c+ for a JP2C? Straight up? Assuming it's clean and and in perfect working order, of course. How could you not. Tone aside, the c+ is worth more. Heck yea, that's a steal, why are you even asking, go trade that fool!!

Your JP2C isn't worth what you paid for it, a clean DRG c+ plus is easily worth $3000. There was one a reverb for almost $5000 a few months ago.

Take the money out of the equation and you still have to do it. You gotta find out how good that amp really is. You can always get another JP2C whenever you want. That opportunity probably doesn't come around very often.

Make sure the DRG has all the proper transformers and has not been hacked up by some dumbass. The money aspect really comes into play here. Say you trade, and find the shared tone controls and one EQ not to your liking, you can sell it and probably get enough to buy a brand new JP-2C. The EQ AUTO switch will be your best option to try with the DRG. You might have to get creative with your guitars' volume and tone knobs if you need to make quick changes from the rhythm to lead channels, so be forewarned. The DRG will be much more capable of fine tuning YOUR sound , as some of the controls on the JP-2C are pre-set. The ability to go to 15 watts and 6CA7's is the other plus for the DRG. I guess it all depends on the intended use for the amp. Live performance = JP-2C, home studio recording = DRG.

Now, if they would put all the features of the JP-2C with a Simul-Class power section???????

I did not vote because I have not played a JP-2C, but have played a HRG and a KRG 2C+.

Well, I voted to keep the JP-2C. I have no experience with a Mark IIC+ so hard to reference that in person compared to the JP-2C.
I would think this poll would be more suited to those who have owned in the past or who have used a Mark IIC+. I love the JP-2C and its features.

Thanks all. I am mostly a metal player, and my JP2C does have more usable gain than any other amp I've ever played. The guitars don't even need to be boosted through it. I have a MKIII so I'm familiar with the knob dance, from that perspective the JP2C really is an excellent live rig in comparison.. Maybe I should just buy it, play both for a while & keep the winner. :)

For me this was a matter of pure economics. I place the monetary value of the IIC+ over the JP-2C.

Being that it would be more difficult to find another IIC+ for the price of a new JP-2C, and it would be much easier to find a much cheaper, used JP-2C down the road (I've already seen one locally on Craigslist go for $1700) the trade would facilitate having both for a much lower cost. (Getting both is always my default goal :mrgreen: )

That way, if you find you prefer one over the other, selling IIC+ results in profit (as it is likely worth more than you paid for the JP-2C), and selling the used JP-2C will likely break-even, since you bought it used.

~Icarus

Latest posts

Back