Possible progression of JP2C

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryswanson

Reaction score
I was thinking about how over the years John Petrucci is always updating his amps and guitars. He has his name on all sorts of stuff now days, to be blunt he is a gear *****. So i cant imagine the JP2C being the last amp he will ever use. So John being John will want to change his rig at some point which got me thinking about what direction would he take in relation to his amp? Will this be the first of a ever evolving line of amps? Or will he just settle for this?

Maybe some sort of mid-gain overdrive setting that's true to the original? Or more pulls and switches?

I can't imagine doing more to it, though i'm sure Randall Smith can

Through the years the Mark IIC+s have been a constant in JPs rig, either studio or live so I don't see him deviating from the JP-2C soon.
My small experience with Mesa amps has been that they take a while to cook and there's a good measure of R&D involved. I don't see the lineup getting as bloated as the Music Man guitars (of which there are too many, it's nonsense to push an anniversary model EVERY year but I'd wager that Sterling has a lot to do there, cashing in on his most successful lineup).

Eventually there might be a JP-2C Mk II, maybe a Simul variant or a smaller amp (JP-2C:35?) but I feel there will be a couple of years before there's anything to take the JP-2C's main place.

Latest posts

Back