More Praise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ytsejammer777

Reaction score
I played a show last night with my JP2C/Fractal/DVMark 1x12 rig, opening for a couple of national acts. While I was setting up/warming up one of the guitarists from one of the national acts literally stopped what what he was doing on the other side of the venue, walked over to the stage, up onto the stage, looked at me and asked, "What the hell are you playing through? That tone is amazing!"

Also, I know the CabClone doesn't get a lot of love, but I ran direct with it last night and was very pleased. Now this particular venue I have the advantage of playing a couple of times a month and know the sound engineer and he knows me pretty well, so there is that to consider.

I can hardly wait perform with mine. I have a friend who's looking for a Mark three, all the previous Mark amps that ever were live inside the JP2C, you just half to fiddle with the knobs. This amp is a complete masterpiece. I can get any tone from any amp with this amplifier. Love to go up against a Kemper modeler. What amplifier tone isn't in the JP2C? I've been playing guitar since I was very young I'm 53 years old now. I started with marshall, as a matter of fact I had three 100 W heads by the time I was 18 and silver faced fenders, too many to count. The music I perform is medium gain, the music I practice is high gain à la Pantera, Metallica, etc. so this amp is heavenly. My tone nowadays emulates Jimi Hendrix's tone and I can get that perfect. Hotel California by the eagles, those tones are automatically available with the JP2C.

https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll
https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll

It was wet today at 11:00 am, but I got to turn it up as there were tractor pulls, chainsaw competitions, etc.

I will leave out the Mark V comments, as I do not want to come off being negative.... What is not in the JP-2C but somehow wish was there but would use sparingly would be a tweed voice for the clean channel. When I mean tweed I am referring to the Roadster CH1 tweed, or RA100 gain boost on Clean channel. If you have no experience with either of those amps, I would recommend you try one out for reference. I will have to explore some pedals to see what would work, perhaps a flux drive or throttle box would do it. I am not very fond of distortion or overdrive pedals as the gain and tonal character of the amp is enough for me.

Once you figure the amp out (very easy to do compared to other Marks) it is a pleasure to play though. I may have to get another one.....

A buddy and fellow BB member stopped by yesterday to try out the JP2C. He plays an 8 string so I plugged him in and started dialing away. &^(&^(&^!!!! SHRED MODE!!! I play classic rock most of time and haven't really messed with shred mode, until yesterday. It's a whole new world today. After he was through, I plugged in my 6 string and had to look at my tuner to see if I was tuned up correctly because it sounded soooooo deep and full, it was right there with the 8 string. He was using the newest Axe fx in C+ mode through a EHX 44 caliber into a Marshall 4X12 and dang if they didn't sound close, close enough in depth that we both were amazed. We also revved up the C++ and he has a C+. SHRED MODE!!! I haven't talked to him today, but I'll bet you anything he's got gear ready to list, or has listed it this morning and he probably dreamed of that JP2C tone all night like I did. This amp blows my mind!

Seriously great amp like no other! How do others do it? What limitations other amp's have!!!

I try other amps all the time and nothing can touch this amp for tone, flexibility, gain structure, tone chasing, ease of use, everything an amp should want to do like stay totally silent when the gain is up. I'm so in love with this amp, it was my dream amp as soon as it was announced and was certainly better than I could've dreamed up.

I've really have got this amp sounding so good. I still will fire up the old C++ occasionally, but when I play live, it's JP2C all the way!

Its a killer amp! I just got mine all hooked up with my Helix Rack and control and it is phenomenal! So happy with this setup. I use the Shred mode for my leads. It's like hitting the front end with another overdrive. I have it switch to the second EQ and change the frequencies a bit. Sounds fabulous!

Back