Met Randall Smith today

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbagg

Reaction score
Went to The Guitar Store in Seattle altering hearing about it from a fellow boogie boarder. Great shop, and I had heard Randall Smith was going to be in. I was heading up to try the new JP2c anyways, so it was perfect timing. He was awesome and friendly, and signed my Mark IV that I drug up there! Pretty cool stuff. More to follow on my half hour impression on the JP (I'm a IIC+ and Mark IV owner, and former mark V and lone star), and how it feels compared to some other boogies, to me.

Nice meeting you today. I got there about a hour early and so did Randy...So I got to talk with him alone for about a hour before everyone else showed up.

Yea, you too! I just barely made it. I was hoping to get there early, but Traffic was against me (I live about an hour south). I got there in time to catch him for a few minutes before he left. Nice guy!

It was really nice to meet him. I guess we were all there together. Wish I'd known, it would have been nice to say hello to everyone!

I think I could listen to Randall all day. Fascinating conversation.

It was nice to James to ask him to sign my Mark V for me.

I got to meet him five years ago. Seemed like a nice, laid-back guy. Didn't get my amp signed, but did get to tell him the Mark V was the best I've ever had :)

Last summer he came to the Guitar Sanctuary McKinney, TX not too far from me. He could not be more gracious with his time. A really class act, and it explains a lot about why they make such great stuff. Class act translates into head of the class products too.

Back