Relative volume level of channel 1?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJgo

Reaction score
I agree with all they say about channel 1 having a ton of headroom, being pretty hard to make it break up. Knobs stay pretty clean all the way out.

My question is- with the channel 1 volume pretty well maxed, mine is nowhere near as loud as channels 2 or 3 at half-ish volume. This may well be the way it is but I wanted to spot check with other owners..?

My suspicion is that it's just hard to make a clean sound physically carry that loud.

GJgo said:
I agree with all they say about channel 1 having a ton of headroom, being pretty hard to make it break up. Knobs stay pretty clean all the way out.

My question is- with the channel 1 volume pretty well maxed, mine is nowhere near as loud as channels 2 or 3 at half-ish volume. This may well be the way it is but I wanted to spot check with other owners..?

My suspicion is that it's just hard to make a clean sound physically carry that loud.

Take this for what it's worth, as you know I'm looking into a possible issue with mine. But I wanted to offer my experience so far with the clean channel. I've been setting my CLEAN volume at noon (gain about 11:00). Channel 2 volume is about 10:30, and channel 3 is at noon (set up for leads). This is gig volume for me. Hope this helps...

Spending some more time with it, and other guitars, I think the issue may be more than the guitar I've mostly been playing through it has a really quiet output for some reason. Need to look into that first. Plugged in another one, and the clean channel was much louder.

It's possible to max the channel master and play at bedroom volumes. It's also possible to max the channel master and go deaf :p You have to remember that the tone controls will add volume, gain. My lead channels are relatively louder than my clean channel because my treble and mids are set higher. Also, the GEQ will add volume. So if you have an extreme V, it's going to be noticeably louder than a flat GEQ. Basically, everything's going to add volume. As a lot of boogie users say; use your ears not your eyes. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back