On order

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrhiwatt

Reaction score
Ordered a jp-2c. Having to sell some stuff off to pay for it. Going to use my Mesa 2x12 horizontal cab. Excited to be back in the Mesa fold. I bought my 1st Mesa summer of 1981. Sold after a year. Didn't understand tone stack etc . Got some great tones on display model I tried.

Congrats Mrhiwatt!! The JP2C is the crack cocaine of guitar amps. I have withdrawals if I don't play it everyday. Some of my friends probably think I'm on drugs; they haven't seen me in 2 weeks. :lol: Enjoy responsibly!

I have this on order with a 2x12 Mesa Cab.

It's costing north of $5,000 (UK pricing) :shock:

It better be good! :lol:

MY JP 2C will be here Thursday or Saturday cannot wait to give it a spin.

MrHiwatt

Mrhiwatt said:

MrHiwatt

Great amp - I traded my Mark V and a Krankensten+ for it - don't regret it one bit.

sheehanje said:
Mrhiwatt said:

MrHiwatt

Great amp - I traded my Mark V and a Krankensten+ for it - don't regret it one bit.

I'm actually thinking of selling my Mark V or trading it in when my JP2C turns up here in the UK. I'm curious what made you trade in in your mark v head for the JP?

First of all - I don't want to pan the Mark V - it's a great amp and if I were in a cover band it would probably be my go to amp for versatility - but the JP-2C just fit my playing style better. I love the crystal clear clean on the JP-2C but mainly I just like the sound on the gain channels. It has more punch in my opinion - and it just feels right to me. I was immediately sold on it - and I haven't dialed in a bad sound yet.

I don't know what to say other then it's a great sounding amp that's easier for me to use then the Mark V. It doesn't have all the tone versatility that the MkV has, but the tones it produces are exactly what I was looking for when I bought into Mesa.

I put a review up on Ultimate Guitar of the JP-2C that goes more in depth.

sheehanje said:
First of all - I don't want to pan the Mark V - it's a great amp and if I were in a cover band it would probably be my go to amp for versatility - but the JP-2C just fit my playing style better. I love the crystal clear clean on the JP-2C but mainly I just like the sound on the gain channels. It has more punch in my opinion - and it just feels right to me. I was immediately sold on it - and I haven't dialed in a bad sound yet.

I don't know what to say other then it's a great sounding amp that's easier for me to use then the Mark V. It doesn't have all the tone versatility that the MkV has, but the tones it produces are exactly what I was looking for when I bought into Mesa.

I put a review up on Ultimate Guitar of the JP-2C that goes more in depth.

Thanks for the reply, Great review by the way, I can see why you traded your mark v, I will have to judge for myself and see how I get on.

I too will miss the solo control on the mark v. It's not too much of a problem boosting for solo's as you have chan 2 for rhythm and chan 3 for solo's. The only issue I can see is if you need a boost on the clean channel but I'm hoping one of the EQ's might help there.

paulg2uk said:
Thanks for the reply, Great review by the way, I can see why you traded your mark v, I will have to judge for myself and see how I get on.

I too will miss the solo control on the mark v. It's not too much of a problem boosting for solo's as you have chan 2 for rhythm and chan 3 for solo's. The only issue I can see is if you need a boost on the clean channel but I'm hoping one of the EQ's might help there.

The clean on the JP-2C seems to be louder and cuts a lot more than my Mark V did in any mode and that is whether I'm doing chords or single note runs. I haven't even found a need for a clean boost on it. And your right, the solo feature really isn't needed on the JP-2C - but I do miss the Output because I could level all my channel masters on the Mark V, and then just use Output depending on where I'm playing.

It wasn't a deal breaker in any way though - to me the JP-2C is the perfect amp.

It has landed using recto 2x12' initial reaction awesome very easy to get a tone I like. Only had 20 minutes to play. Can't wait till the weekend

Mrhiwatt

Got to play with the amp for couple hours. Dialed in 3 tones I like. Will now add my effects to the equation.

Mrhiwatt

Back