JP2C with el34's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob227

Reaction score
I can't help thinking that the new JP2C has just about everything I would want in an amp except el34 tubes. Is anyone considering modifying one or would this be considered blasphemy to mess with an already awesome amp?

If Mesa wants to chime in here, are there any plans to release a pre amp version of the JP2C? At least that would give some power amp variations to try different tubes.

A preamp version of the JP2C... they have finally released a cloned PT of the original... Why not get a Triaxis ?

Getting a Triaxis as good as it is would be moving away from what I already have in my quad pre. I suppose the size factor is appealing to have everything I could want in one small rack mount size unit. For moving around the JP2C is like having a quad and a power amp in almost half the size.

All the new features are a nice bonus as well. So as cool as a new quad would be with all the features of the JP2C I think the ultimate solution would be a tube switching option like the Mark V has or multi tube simulclass in the JP2C.

Mesa just make the Simulclass version of the JP2C and take my money.. Name works, he has DRG's also.... :mrgreen:

dilznik said:
Is it possible to switch to EL34s? It's possible in the Mark V, right?

Yea, the V has the bias select switch for el34s but the JP2C does not.

Latest posts

Back